For sale 1940 Dodge coupe, complete restorable condition #5? location MD 20842

Guest Henry White

Guest Henry White

I have one or two pics I can email, but the car is in a garage and with no brakes I dont want to pull it out for better pictures. It last ran about a year ago, there is some small rust holes in the trunk floor, nothing too bad IMO. Original D-14 motor etc. Car needs a total restoration. One would really need to inspect it in person to get an idea of what it is. Asking $3000.00 CASH. Email is hwhite7860@aol.com phone 301-349-2747 evenings are best, before 10:00 eastern time. Location of car is Dickerson MD 20842 about 35 miles west of Washington D.C. About 90 miles south of Hershey PA.

I have a mountain of NOS parts for the car which some or all can be purchased separately for additional cost. A 38 year collection of NOS goodies which I spent countless dollars on. Thank you

Edited by Henry White
price cut (see edit history)

Guest Henry White

Hi Dave, coupe is a five window, as I believe all Mopar bodied Dodge coupes were in that year. Let me know if I can be more help.

John, pics will be forwarded to you shortly. Thank you

John, I think I just forwarded you two poor pics that I have. But possibly I didnt. I dont know, I have less computer skills than Fred Flintstone.

Edited by Henry White (see edit history)

Have someone post the pictures here for you that you can gather, You will have more interest, I agree that a car has to be looked at in person but a few pictures always help stir up interest. Id take some of the overall car and post them, you might be surprised at the attention it receives

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

Guest Henry White

John, Thank you for the pic help. I sent you an email.

I have loved thar car for 38 years or so, ever since I was a kid peeking thru the crack of the sliding door where it was kept by a lil ole lady neighbor of mine back around 1974. I spent decades going to Hershey and buying up every 1940 Dodge part I saw, enough to do 3-4 cars, ( which I had at one time.)

This coupe has factory no back seat, but a shelf and spare tire behind the drivers seat. Being a D-14 model it has dual horns & a horn ring, belt & running board mouldings, electric wipers, where the D-17 did not. It has an aftermarket Arvin heater, 16" wheel trim rings, correct D-14 engine which I had professionally rebuilt back in 1977? Dad and I redid the brakes and some wiring, had it painted (poorly) and had some chrome destroyed by so called "experts". Spare front bumper will be included. I can literally fill a dump truck with all the NOS goodies I have, mostly in triplicate. I drove it to high school in 1976. It was last tagged in 1982. Ahh, good times.

IIRC, D-17 models had vacuum wipers, single horn, no belt or running board mouldings. Thanks guys!

Shouldn't have any problems selling this Henry, it's a great looking start for someone. Your price is very fair and quite frankly, I'm surprised it isn't sold already.

I just talked to a guy over the weekend that showed me his 40 Plymouth Coupe, that thing was amazing in person, pics just don't do any of them justice. By the way, we all have our prehistoric computer moments, just laugh it off and move on.. it is comical after all.. and never take anything any of us a--holes say personal, as long as your still having fun that's all that matters :D

Guest Henry White

I do not have any other pics at this time. It is dark in that garage, and I dont want to pull the car out because it has no brakes and I have no helper. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Henry White

Hi John, I have a motor from my 39 Dodge sedan which will fit into the 38, at $300.00 FOB.

And I have a NOS horn button and an NOS crankhole cover emblem. I cant recall what price I had on those emblems but I would say $125.00 each and both are perfect, fit for the finest concours car. The horn button fits only certain steering wheels, I think it is for the deluxe wheel only. It is new in the Mopar box and I can supply the part number if you like. The crankhole emblem fits all 1938 Dodge cars.

I have other misc NOS Mopar mechanical and electrical items.

Both ship in the USA only, with satisfaction guaranteed or a full refund upon unaltered return. The motor would have to be picked up in MD 20842 Let me know if I can be more help. Thank you

Guest Henry White

John, I am not set up with paypal, I am very old school when it comes to tech things. But if you can snail mail me a check or money order that will work. Just to be clear, this is the round emblem only, I do not have the die-cast chrome backing. I can throw in free shipping. And I ship in the USA only. The new customs forms are just too much hassle for me. If that sounds acceptable, I am at,

Henry White

17208 Whites Rd.

Poolesville MD.

20837 Phone 301-349-2747 email hwhite7860@aol.com Thank you

Guest Henry White

It does not have the clips or anything, it is just the round emblem with the leaping ram in the gold colored background. I dont have a camera or any way to send pictures though. I need to look at it again though, I have not looked at it in a couple months, and my memory isnt so good any more. I will advise if I find differently, in just a minute or two.

Guest Henry White

I just checked it. This has one small pin on back, near the bottom, for attaching it. I know restored pieces are seldom perfect, as this one is, and I believe they charge a lot more to restore these emblems. Mine is perfect, and I dont often say that about 75 year old parts.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Henry White

Losing my storage, car and all parts, must sell NOW. Crooked lawyer ( is there any other kind? ) is cheating me out of my home of 53 years. I have til 1-15 to lose my entire world, crusher will probably get this EZ project if not gone by then. I will crush my tools if I cant sell them, scorched earth policy!!

Make an offer now. I predict the car will be crushed. I dont even care anymore.

• 3 months later...
Guest Henry White

Still available. Will consider decent offers.

I dont know what the future holds, crooked lawyer keeps changing the game every time I get positioned to buy. Yes, I have the cash, I made the high bid, and still they seem determined to sell for less to their investor group. A blatant conflict of interest. I know, that is how they make their money. Still it is immoral. If I lose the house they will have to shoot me to get me out of here. Then I dont know what will happen to car or parts. Who cares?

Sorry to hear what's happening to you Henry.. there are some real jack monkeys out there now days doing a lot of damage to good people. Hopefully one day they will pay for what they do to others. Keep your head up man, we wish you well.

• 2 months later...
Guest Henry White

I am sorry I wasnt able to do more at that time Bill. I didnt know who called, only that I was not able to hear the return number left on my machine. I have been through hell this last year and I just did not accomplish as much as I would have liked to. I am tired of looking at all this junk so maybe I should crush the thing. It's a fast EZ way to get out, and I want out. Thanks for trying.

Edited by Henry White (see edit history)

Guest Kelsey

Henry,

I am interested in the coupe.. but ,I can't commit until I can see some complete pics... Anyway to get some complete pics?

Thanks

Guest Henry White

I am sorry but I have no way to provide any more pics. It would need to be pulled out of the garage into the sunlight in order to get decent pics, I have no way to move it out by myself. I believe the only way to see what I offer is to come here and do a walk around. I dont know what else to do. Thank you

Guest Henry White

PM function not working today. To answer, rust holes are in trunk floor and lower LH cowl. I do have clean and clear MD title in my name, about 40 years now. Motor was last run 2 years ago. I would like to move it before cold weather, but it is a sore spot for me now so I would lie to move it now.

After 40 years of collecting parts, I no longer have time, energy, or funds to finish. I was going to restore it some day. Some day never comes, time to let new owners enjoy it. Thank you

Guest Henry White

huh, great. That should say, I would like to move it now. I wont lie to move it now. Edit function not working either apparently. This Toshiba computer is about as worthless as my new john deere ricer junk tractor. (For which deere wants $700 for a driveshaft that broke at 700 hours. chinese junk)

• 6 months later...
Guest Millgod

Henry, My father had a '40 dodge brothers coupe built into a hot rod about ten years ago in nj. I have it out in az right now, but the business coupe is a perfect platform for building a hot rod. Let me know if the vehicle is still available, I may be able to come down and purchase on a trip to east coast in the spring.

Henry, My father had a '40 dodge brothers coupe built into a hot rod about ten years ago in nj. I have it out in az right now, but the business coupe is a perfect platform for building a hot rod. Let me know if the vehicle is still available, I may be able to come down and purchase on a trip to east coast in the spring.

Millgod. I perfectly understand what you wish to achieve but I would respectfully ask that you appreciate that the practise of hot rodding historic vehicles is damaging to our motoring heritage and is, in any event, unsustainable. Thank you.

Guest Millgod
Millgod. I perfectly understand what you wish to achieve but I would respectfully ask that you appreciate that the practise of hot rodding historic vehicles is damaging to our motoring heritage and is, in any event, unsustainable. Thank you.

I would like to apologize, as I did not realize the web site I had been directed was one with the focus on preservation. I understand and fully respect the effort to preserve automobile history. Unfortunately there are many issues, not least of which is part availability, which make it difficult if not impossible to preserve or restore to original condition cars of this era. Plus, hot rods are cool...Good luck in your future endeavors.

post-105142-143142894502_thumb.jpg