Pictures from the 56th Annual Pierce-Arrow Society Meet, Minden, NV.

Mark Huston

• 1 month later...

52 cars, a motorcycle, several bikes, and a V-12 engine of display. It was a great time. Here is a shot of a car we found in the Bay area, it's now in a good friends garage. A nice 33 Salon series Club Brougham. Nice west coast car, perfect tin, and perfect wood. Ed

post-31625-1431421658_thumb.jpg

Guest Rob McDonald

MARK, thanks especially for the big photo files, which can be zoomed-in for details. Bit slow to download but well worth the wait. Couple of stand-out favourites for me: that mid-'30s club sedan with built-in trunk (Dietrich body, maybe?) and that 'Teens coupe with curved corner glass. Of course, being Pierce-Arrows they were all outstanding, including the rough one that Ed shared with us.

I gotta ask: how did this meet happen in Minden, Nevada? Pretty long way from anywhere, according to Google Maps, although the site does look lovely.

Edited by Rob McDonald
geography (see edit history)

Rob: I am not a member of the Pierce-Arrow Society. I am a member of the CCCA and one of the P-A members invited me to the car show on the final day of the meet. Minden, NV is a little off the beaten path but near many great attractions. During the meet P-A members toured to Virginia City, Reno, and Lake Tahoe. I am sure it was great fun for everyone who attended.

Ed: Thanks for posting the picture of your fantastic find. I have always loved that particular body style.

Mark,

Thank you for posting these photos. As a CCCA ,an former P-A-S member, I really appreciate seeing this assemblage, and wish I could have been there in person.

One of my favorite memories, years ago, is that my wife and I got to ride in the back seat of David Coco's 1931 Model 43 Phaeton after a Mardi Gras parade here in New Orleans.

http://forums.aaca.org/avatars/trimacar.gif?dateline=1374316321

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)