1948 Chry Windsor, replacing complete wire harness follow along.

[h=2]1948 Chrysler Windsor, replacing complete wire harness.[/h]

Installing a complete wire harness from (Harnesses Unlimited) from Wayne Pa. Customer bought parts to be installed. Working on a C38-Chry Windsor 4 door sedan with no backup lights. Has the fluid drive. Has anybody done this? Any
204759d1369849291-1948-chrysler-windsor-replacing-complete-wire-img_4170.jpg204760d1369849298-1948-chrysler-windsor-replacing-complete-wire-img_4171.jpg204761d1369849307-1948-chrysler-windsor-replacing-complete-wire-img_4172.jpg
interest for a follow along? How can the headliner be removed?

• Like 1

To do it pull the dash and headliner. Take lotsa good pictures of the routing and wire colors if still bright. Take the old harniss out in two sections-three with the trans harniss. Cut the main old harniss at the firewall grommet. Carefully lay out old harniss on the bench or floor as your template sample to help guide you with the new install. There are early and late C38 factory wiring differences. I've done a few of these C38 and C39 cars Converts and 3 pass coupes. Take your time and have fun!

PS... headliner could be tough to remove and re-install as nice as it was if factory.

Bob

Thanks for the input c49er. What was your procedure for pulling the headliner with little damage? They are going to replace at a later date. I have done about 100 cars on the rewire side. None this old with this type of headliner. This one is simple except for the rear harness that runs up in the headliner. Thanks

I have never re-installed an old headliner. Gotta put in a new one when doing the harness every time.. I do take plenty of pics and make notes too. I have worked on many C38 and C39 Chryslers over the years-mine and customers too. I know most all the wiring in them too.They are my favorite cars.

Bob

post-62228-143142058116_thumb.jpg

Guest Henry White

Is there any chance at all that you can snake the wires in and leave the headliner alone? I ask because it does not seem likely the old headliner will ever go back and look decent. Just my 2 cents at 2:00 AM when I cant sleep.

Pulling the dash, Fixing some of the improper new harness issues which I always have had to do-wrong lengths, improper color, ect, cannot state who! About 30 hours not including replacing the headliner-that goes off to the upholsterer. This is for the whole complete multiple harnesses-trans, headlamp bucket cables, choke wire, underhood light accessories, main and tail harnesses.

• Like 1