My Great grand fathers old Ford

Guest use2b

It's a 28 or 29. Hard to tell the difference but most likely a 29 as there were 2-1/2 times as many. I originally thought it was a truck but the window's too small. Now I'd say a coupe or sport coupe if that's fabric roof.People are encouraged to take 3/4 pictures of their cars. That makes it hard to match up old pics which are often head on.

379228_14320041_1929_Ford_Model%2bA.jpg

Do not know what year it was

Taits Gap Alabama

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204663[/ATTACH]

Does not look like a Ford to me. Different style visor. It has cowl lamps in a different location than the Fords did. Different bumper which of course could have been added/changed. Almost looks to have hydraulic brake hoses.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

'27 Chevy was my thought, too. If so, it's a Cabriolet (rumbleseat coupe) or Imperial Landau (4-door) which were late 1927 introductions with a lower roof-line and swing out windshield.

Don

Guest use2b

Thanks for all of your incite and knowledge. I always thought it was a ford truck because the picture is so small and I really never knew them.

I just love the old vehicles and tinker with them all the time. This 33 Ford gets most of my drive time as it is a hoot off the line with a 411 gear.

post-95318-143142057054_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Art Anderson
Does not look like a Ford to me. Different style visor. It has cowl lamps in a different location than the Fords did. Different bumper which of course could have been added/changed. Almost looks to have hydraulic brake hoses.

The shape of the radiator shell is definitely not Model A, nor does the shape of the windshield (particularly at the bottom edge) resemble any Model A. But, what is visible of the front axle is, to me, a dead giveaway--note the subtle upward "S" curve, which is definitely not the nearly constant arc of a '28-'31 Model A, but is typical of the slight "drop" built into I-beam front axles used on cars fitted with parallel leaf spring front suspension. Given the general styling of this car, it's not at all likely that it has hydraulic brakes--I suspect that what some are seeing there is part of the mechanical brake rigging. Last, the upward angle of the inner panel of that front fender, AND the crown of the top of the fender itself are not the shapes of a '28-'29 Model A.

I vote for a '27-'28 Chevrolet.

Art

• 2 months later...