Keeneland Concours, Lexington KY

zulaytr

Congratulations in return to member Bob Speights (and his lovely wife Sherry) for winning the sports contemporary class with his 1972 Datsun 240Z. There was a large percentage of AACA cars in the show. Those Junior, Senior, and Grand National badges seemed to be everywhere!!. it was truely a great show, well run good food and lots of SHADE!! I would recommend it highly to anyone to enter.

• 11 months later...

Yesterday was the 2014 Keeneland Concours in Lexington and while it was a little damp at times overall it was another good event. I had to pleasure to reunite with several other AACA members and meet some new ones like Reed and Jan Tarwater. This was the event's 10th anniversary so they invited back the previous class winners for a Winner's Circle Reunion. I hope everyone had a great time and for those who have not attended you might want to put this on your bucket list in the future.

P.S.

I observed one entrant with grass clippers trimming the grass away from his whitewall tires, so I am wondering if the AACA will adopt a new rule regarding grass field trimming??????

Edited by zulaytr (see edit history)

Guest Gary Hearn

Keeneland is a great, historic facility that will host the Breeders Cup in 2015. Too bad the weather was not more cooperative for the show and tour this year.

Thanks Marty for the compliment but my win was last year, no repeat....however, Bob (Zulytr) did repeat his win of last year with another win in this "best of the Best" show. Congratulations to Bob and Sherry!! After he told me of the guy with the grass clippers I was picturing Bob (Bigdog) Beck trimming the grass by his car for a show.....NOT!! Got a real chuckle out of that!!

Definately consider it Bob, I think some of the best judging I have ever seen. On the clock for 20 minutes for every car. Unfortunately for me...about 10 minutes too long. Plenty of time to find all my flaws. I can honestly say that I felt the best car in my class won. Even if it wasn't mine!!!