New Buick Reatta Parts For Sale

Ronnie

• 1 year later...

Thanks for bringing up this old post from 2013. I just noticed that, with a few exceptions, most of the prices for the items listed above are about 10% cheaper now than they were then. That's good news for those of us who do our own work on our cars.

• 1 year later...
Guest Fairfaxvtreatta91

Hi I recently got into an accident with my reatta an need to find a new hood an front left fender. I can't find one anywhere. Do u have any leads?? Would be much appreciated.

Fairfaxvtreatta91,

Welcome to the forum!  I'm guessing you're in Vermont which may make it a little bit challenging, but I think we can offer a couple ideas to get you back on the road.  If not New England, some of the advice offered below may still be helpful.

Based on your comment of looking everywhere for a hood and fender, I will guess you've checked your local salvage yards and if none are offering help, then you're running into the issue handmedownreatta mentions above: shipping.  Few may be willing to prepare a hood for shipping because to do it right may cost more than many are willing to pay.  Here's two suggestions that may work for you:

At the top of the page is a "sticky" which lists Reatta Resources.  Spend a little time there as you will find places that sell new parts for your '91 GM vehicle as well as used or salvage parts.  You will find some that have the parts you need, then you have to figure out logistics.  I can think of two off the top of my head, Jim Finn and East Coast Reatta parts (Marck Barker), that on occasion will drive to the mid-Atlantic or New England if picking up cars and/or attending car shows such as Carlisle in PA.  Perhaps you can meet somewhere in between?

Option 2. Buy your own parts car!  This is something that a lot of us do as you can find some tired Reatta's for sale that are not expensive.  You should double check this, but I believe all four years of Reatta used the same hood and front fenders as well as many other parts that may be helpful to you in the future.  As I think you have a '91, it would be ideal to find another '91 for motors, brake systems, interior parts, etc. but not required . . . a '90 still has many identical parts and while '88 & '89's have less, I know some Reatta owners will trade or sell parts they don't need.  The downside is you really have to have a place to store such a car or do the work to strip all useable parts and then send the rest to the junkyard.

Last comment in a too long post - get to know this forum by reading the sticky's at the top as well as learn to use the search function because almost everything that happens to a Reatta has already happened to someone else and solutions can be found using the search functions.  Also, one of our members has collected many of the fixes for common problems and created a website for these fixes and also created an Amazon shopping site only for Reatta parts that helps pay for the costs of the website.  If youre going to keep your Reatta long term, I recommend you get to know Ronnie at Reatta Owners Journal and the Reattastore.com.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, someone here will likely help.  And good luck getting your Reatta back on the road.  What color is it?  How many miles?  And how long have you owned it?

• Like 1

I'm looking for a headlight switch or someone that can help me fix my headlight switch. I have a 1992 riviera and I have no instrument panel lights. If I slide the dimmer switch all the way over to the left the interior light light up like they should so I'm thinking the slide switch is working but can't be 100% on that. If I run hot wire from battery to the panel lamps wire the lights all work. My switch does have the twilight sentinel that also does not work. Any help would be much appreciated. 

I am confused reading the post about needing a headlight switch. The IPC lights digitally and the dimmer switch will control the brightness but if the IPC does not light up the IPC is bad.

That having been said, I just looked in Ebay and see there are several headlight switches with the twilight sentinel and the cheapest was $ 149.

I have a rebuild service for all Reatta headlight switches and would sell one with the twilight sentinel outright for a lot less than you can get one for on Ebay.

Sorry for the confusion. The IPC light up when you turn the ingition on. My problem is when you turn the headlights on, the heater control lights, radio lights and the shifter light does not light up. The headlights come on and the IPC says lights on. I have taken the switch apart and cleaned all the contacts and ohm'd the resistors and they all check out and don't see any burned spots on the board so i'm not sure whats wrong with it. So I believe the headlight switch is toast. There is no power coming out of the switch to power the panel lights. I can run a hot wire to the wire coming out of the headlight switch and they all come on but obviously don't have dimming control.

I would be interested in a rebuilt light switch. How much do they cost?