1933 Dodge Cabriolet (DP6)

jed85

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like they put a small block Chevy and an automatic in it, then in the listing they show both a V-8 and 6 cylinder. What's up with that? Is it a real listing or a scam?

I have a call in to the place. We will get the story hopefully today.

I spoke to the dealer last evening. He realized that it stated both engines. It is a SBC at this point. I saw the car 10 years ago when they restored it a Hennessy's in San Jose, CA. Nice car.

Mike

Looks like they put a small block Chevy and an automatic in it, then in the listing they show both a V-8 and 6 cylinder. What's up with that? Is it a real listing or a scam?

• 1 month later...

post-78478-143142190336_thumb.jpgHi all,

just pulled the passenger door card and found "timagani green" written in script. The original paint seems moe like a medium blue (see dash photo). If it is this color does anyone know the wire spoke wheel color? Also what is meant by molding color.

how do I tack down the proper paint mix?

tks, mike

Edited by jed85
Added picture (see edit history)

Molding color would be the insert color, body line above the doors I would assume, That would be your original color I am sure. Get the code if you can and contact Dupont archives, they may be able to help with the mix.

We are also working on a 33 conv for a customer. We can make some pictures available as needed. We need pictures of a complete luggage rack,we are missing trim and logo and also a couple of arms to complete the rack.We are also looking for tail light parts as well. The hood hold downs that attach to the hood are also missing.

We are also working on a 33 conv for a customer. We can make some pictures available as needed. We need pictures of a complete luggage rack,we are missing trim and logo and also a couple of arms to complete the rack.We are also looking for tail light parts as well. The hood hold downs that attach to the hood are also missing.

Is the 33 and the 34 luggage racks the same as I've just mounted mine on the car and I can take quite a few photos

Ian

I am not sure if 33 and 34 are the same. Ours does look like the one on the sedan. We have the main mounts to the frame but are missing a couple of arms that let it pivot down.Are the hood hold downs for sale? We only need the parts for the hood side. Also in nees of tail lights and stand. Any for sale?

I am not sure if 33 and 34 are the same. Ours does look like the one on the sedan. We have the main mounts to the frame but are missing a couple of arms that let it pivot down.Are the hood hold downs for sale? We only need the parts for the hood side. Also in nees of tail lights and stand. Any for sale?
Pictures from the 33 we just sold. Will look for hood mounts and tail light stand.

• 2 weeks later...
and more.....[ATTACH=CONFIG]203832[/ATTACH]

Thanks Mike, that's the dims. plus Chris has sent me close-ups across the complete panel assembly.

Forward with the projects, I'm getting ready start the interior wood frame in the rumble seat area, once Ive sorted out if there should be rain collector attached to the rear panel below the lid opening.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just back from the garage. I was looking at the 1933 Dodge Cabriolet dashboard and see that there are 6 knobs. The 2 on the drivers side closest to the door are the headlight switch and cigar lighter. Does anyone have a picture or information to share?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Dave,

Yes, the cabriolet is the same as mine. Looking forward to driving up and meeting you in a few weeks. Did you find a 1933 Dodge engine by chance?

Thanks,

Mike

Those of us who knew Al miss him still, despite his passing years ago. He was a great help to all of us with 33 and 34 Plymouths and Dodges. Just for clarification, the Dodge 'cabriolet' in the lineup was actually a roadster pickup. Don't know what happened to it, whether Mike Northcott (also passed away, former operator of Dodge City) bought it as part of the splitting up of Al's inventory. I know Mike got some of it, some of it went to Sacramento and some went to Roger Hamilton.

Those of us who knew Al miss him still, despite his passing years ago. He was a great help to all of us with 33 and 34 Plymouths and Dodges. Just for clarification, the Dodge 'cabriolet' in the lineup was actually a roadster pickup. Don't know what happened to it, whether Mike Northcott (also passed away, former operator of Dodge City) bought it as part of the splitting up of Al's inventory. I know Mike got some of it, some of it went to Sacramento and some went to Roger Hamilton.

Gary out of Colton bought the roadster p/u then a person in Sacramento bought it.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
On 9/19/2013 at 3:24 AM, Ian_Greenlaw said:

This is my luggage rack I just installed. I tried to take some shots of the mounting levers for you.

Ian

post-44589-143142197003_thumb.jpg

post-44589-143142197005_thumb.jpg

post-44589-143142197007_thumb.jpg

post-44589-14314219701_thumb.jpg

post-44589-143142197012_thumb.jpg

post-44589-143142197014_thumb.jpg

I really need that emblem on the luggage rack, its the last part I do not have to complete my car. :)