Reo T6 Valve Question

oldford

I am in the middle of a valve job on this T6 engine and hope to get a question answered. The intake valves are in the head and are cupped shaped. I have never seen cupped valves like this, so I wonder if they are this shape by design or because of damage. I question damage, since they are all the same and the cupping is quite uniform, but the center of the valve is at least 1/4" below the rim. I have tried to draw a picture, but my skills are lacking. Any help from you T6 experts???

Frank

post-30765-143141999645_thumb.jpg

[TABLE=width: 1064]

<tbody>[TR]

[TD]Frank, I took this off the Reo web page . I posted your question and here is an answer . Mark Gregory<o></o>

<o> </o>

I just finished restoration of the same type of Reo motor only 4 cylinder. I am assuming you are talking about the head of the valve dished out in the center. If so that is normal. I also am assuming you are referring to the valves in the upper inside of the cylinder chamber. If your valves are a single piece stem and head unit unless the edges are to sharp to grind , go ahead and use them. If the edges are sharp or the valve face pitted you may need to find replacements.<o></o>

<o> </o>

Brasscarguy<o></o>

[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

Thanks for the reply, the exhaust valves are standard shape, but they are badly burned and are the old two piece kind, they will have to go... I have the head at the rebuild shop, so I don't know what they look like, condition wise, but my guess is that they are just as bad. Egge has six intakes but only 5 exhaust. I'll most likely order them, once I am convinced that the tolerances are OK. Need to find one more exhaust valve. Thanks for the info....

Frank