INFORMATION NEEDED

Peter Zobian

Hi, I am looking for the ownership history for my 1930 Springfield Rolls-Royce Phantom I Regent Convertible Coupe by Brewster, chassis number S460MR.

According to the Rolls-Royce Owners Club, the original owner was John Brichetto in the San Francisco/Sacramento area. Brichetto died in 1934. The next ownership on record with the RROC is R.G. Selfridge of Oxford, OH from 1953 to 1961 (he was probably in the Air Force as the RROC also listed his address as China Lake, CA - a northern California Air Force base).

The next owner is listed with the RROC as John E. Maxwell of Gainesville, FL from 1962 to 1970. Then S460MR was bought by Carter Farrar of Lakewood, CO who owned it for 25 years until his untimely death at age 60. His widow sold the cat to a collector on Long Island, NY and I purchased it in August, 2012 from Peter Kumar at Gullwing Motor Cars.

S460MR is either a well maintained survivor or a 40+ year old amature restoration. I am trying to determine which and I am wondering if any members of AACA or CCCA remember this car or its owners, while it was in Ohio and Florida?post-93470-14314199415_thumb.jpg

post-93470-14314199414_thumb.jpeg

post-93470-143141994147_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am still looking for any information about my Rolls-Royce. I had hoped someone from the AACA or CCCA Ohio and Florida regions of either club would remember this car. It's pretty rare -- only about 4 or 5 still exist today. It runs and drives quite nicely.

• 2 weeks later...