speaker size?

Guest thewaitsfam

Guest Mc_Reatta
1988 coupe

Front - 5 1/4" in lower front of doors with a tweeter mounted up higher, and a 6 1/2" round in the rear with a tweeter next to it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest PontiacDude210

You can convert the back to newer style holders and run 6x9s in the back. The front holders will take a regular aftermarket 5.25. If you're worried about tweeters, I would go with components with built in tweeters and unhook the originals. That said I kept the tweeters in mine and the car has 218 xxx miles, they sound great.

I had a thread on wheels recently. I'm waiting for custom ordered Konig Forward red line wheels right now. A lot of people run newer Buick or caddy wheels, some folks run the caddy wheels with the Reatta logos in the caps. I think it's Ronnie running mustang wheels, slightly different pattern so do your research.

Edited by PontiacDude210 (see edit history)

Guest Corvanti

re: the rear speakers, i removed the bad one and took it to several places to match the screw holes. i found a Sony at Wal-Mart that was correct. this was about 2 1/2 years ago. you'll also need a speaker adapter to use aftermarket speakers, like the "Metra 72-4500". could also drill holes to fit others...

Edited by Corvanti (see edit history)