Need help with a decal for a Fram filter lid (1936 Delahaye)

Guest Untame

Guest Untame

I've pretty much decided that I'm going to have to have this decal recreated as I can't find any reproductions on the market. However, some of the lettering has been damaged, so I'm not even really sure what it is supposed to say. Does anyone have a photograph of this Fram F.4. decal with all of the lettering intact?

post-84766-143141968791_thumb.jpg

You may want to also post this in the General section of the forum since you will get more readers. From experience, not many people read the foreign car sections of the Forum.

Have you done any Google image or Ebay searches to see if you can find a better photo of one. Do searches of the part, but also do searches of the car which could produce a photo of a car the shows this part with enough detail to read it.

I had a similar issue with a large 3x6 inch sticker in the engine compartment of my 1984 BMW 633 CSi. I had recreated most of it in Excel, but was missing a small section of the original and needed the end of one word. After more than a year I finally found a photo of a similar BMW that had a close up including the entire decal with enough detail to read it.

Visit my website at: Bob's Vintage Cars

Vila

1933 Chevrolet

1962 Triumph TR4

1984 BMW 633 CSi

Edited by Vila (see edit history)

Guest Untame
You may want to also post this in the General section of the forum since you will get more readers. From experience, not many people read the foreign car sections of the Forum.

Have you done any Google image or Ebay searches to see if you can find a better photo of one. Do searches of the part, but also do searches of the car which could produce a photo of a car the shows this part with enough detail to read it.

I had a similar issue with a large 3x6 inch sticker in the engine compartment of my 1984 BMW 633 CSi. I had recreated most of it in Excel, but was missing a small section of the original and needed the end of one word. After more than a year I finally found a photo of a similar BMW that had a close up including the entire decal with enough detail to read it.

Visit my website at: Bob's Vintage Cars

Vila

1933 Chevrolet

1962 Triumph TR4

1984 BMW 633 CSi

Thanks, Vila.

I searched for images, but only found German and English versions, and they didn't look this old. I pretty much already have every available image of Delahaye 135M engines downloaded on the computer at work, but nothing shows this label. The external oil filter must have been an uncommon option from what I've seen on pre-war Delahayes.

It is 10:40 eastern time on Sunday 30 Jun and their is currently one posted on the French version of Ebay but the posting expires in 3 hours and 25 minutes. Address is Produits électroniques, Voitures, Vêtements, Objets de collection, Bons d'achat et autres achats en ligne | eBay

I did a search of "Fram F4" and there is a good picture of the top. The word that is messed up on yours says "REGENERATEUR"

The shape of the decal at the top is curved and parallels the line that is below the top row of writing with equal spacing above the writing as between the bottom of the letters and the line below them. Also at the top the corners the corners are clipped of at an angle.

Here is the address I found it at: eBay | FILTRE à huile FRAM F4 NOS pour Vw combi porsche 356 912 4cv split karman chevy

Vila

1933 Chevrolet

1962 Triumph TR4

1984 BMW 633 CSi

Guest Untame
It is 10:40 eastern time on Sunday 30 Jun and their is currently one posted on the French version of Ebay but the posting expires in 3 hours and 25 minutes. Address is Produits électroniques, Voitures, Vêtements, Objets de collection, Bons d'achat et autres achats en ligne | eBay

I did a search of "Fram F4" and there is a good picture of the top. The word that is messed up on yours says "REGENERATEUR"

The shape of the decal at the top is curved and parallels the line that is below the top row of writing with equal spacing above the writing as between the bottom of the letters and the line below them. Also at the top the corners the corners are clipped of at an angle.

Here is the address I found it at: eBay | FILTRE à huile FRAM F4 NOS pour Vw combi porsche 356 912 4cv split karman chevy

Vila

1933 Chevrolet

1962 Triumph TR4

1984 BMW 633 CSi

Many thanks! I'm working with a company to have this decal recreated. Sounds like it will be just under $150. I think I'll have a pile of them made and Ebay them for others in the same boat.