Building A Monster T

Guest Tensho

Guest Tensho

Hello, I've been sitting on this idea for a while now, to restore a model t so that it looks original but is fast and is more economical. Ok, well i know that I could just rat rod the t but i want it to not look out of the ordinary and look like a stock T with the hood and everything. I've talked this over with a few other mechanics but what I guess I want to know is, has it been done before. BTW I would like to break at least 300 horse.

Unless you keep the original wheels and tires it will not look like a stock T. What would 300 hp do to wood spoke wheels, not to mention the tiny T tires?

With modern wheels it will look just like hundreds (thousands?) of other rods.

Don

Guest Tensho

You still have the tires to deal with. Do you plan on trying to get 300 hp out of the T engine? I'd have to say, "Good luck!!". I have no dyno figures, but I imagine the baddest ass T engine that you could build, with a "C" crank, full pressure, DOHC Fronty and all the bells and whistles might get close to 90-100 hp

Guest Tensho
You still have the tires to deal with. Do you plan on trying to get 300 hp out of the T engine? I'd have to say, "Good luck!!". I have no dyno figures, but I imagine the baddest ass T engine that you could build, with a "C" crank, full pressure, DOHC Fronty and all the bells and whistles might get close to 90-100 hp

A group of friends and I figured that out. We were going to probably swap the engine but we aren't sure with what. Before we posted this we weren't aware that this forum is generated towards redtorstion with original parts but as 1939_Buick directed us we posted this on the H.A.M.B forum.

You do realize that the entire drive train will have to be swapped? What you are considering is a hot rod with stock looking wheels. Yeah, this ain't the forum for that sort of thing. People here get a bit testy. I feel that with 15 million of the buggers built and waning interest in them, hot rodding another one won't tear a hole in the time/space continuum.

Guest Tensho
You do realize that the entire drive train will have to be swapped? What you are considering is a hot rod with stock looking wheels. Yeah, this ain't the forum for that sort of thing. People here get a bit testy. I feel that with 15 million of the buggers built and waning interest in them, hot rodding another one won't tear a hole in the time/space continuum.

Thanks for the input. See what I was really getting at was more like a complete stock looking T with the hot rod power and amenities.