Pebble Beach Tour d'Elegance

Guest daytona

Guest daytona

This is probably a crazy question but thought I would ask anyway. If anyone entering their car at Pebble Beach this year and is going on the tour beforehand we would like to get ride in the back seat of whomever may have us. My brother and I would be glad to help in anyway we can, he has a lot of knowledge in British cars and I, well it’s all over place (mechanically) we can wash detail polish get coffee or whatever. I know its long shot but it never hurts to ask, references can be given. Member of AACA, CCCA, Cadillac LaSalle club, Lincoln owners club and others. Please PM me or email me at martin@abouttimect.com

Guest Rob McDonald

DAYT & BRO, it was no Pebble Beach but when the CCCA passed through Edmonton on a cross-continental tour about 20 years ago, I went out to meet them at their host hotel. By mingling and chatting folks up, I managed to talk my way into the back seat of a '39 Cadillac Sixty Special, for a drive to the then-new Reynolds Alberta Museum, about an hour out of town. The memory is still fresh and the people I met, enjoying all sorts of fabulous cars, were universally friendly and welcoming.

So I'd say hanging around the start of the Pebble Beach tour is also worth a shot, although security might be a whole lot tighter than it was for me in my sleepy little city. Wear your CCCA membership card on a lanyard 'round your neck - it might get you places.