28 Packard speedster,what would you do?

paulrhd29nz

Whew. Here we go again.

I'd take the $100K any time, and buy a nice, open, driver quality, (Pierce) (Lincoln) (Packard) (insert your favorite marque here). They're out there if you look.

This is a very nicely done car, but not original, and thus will find a buyer a)if this is EXACTLY what someone has been looking for and/or b)money means nothing to buyer, IMHO.

And yes, cool looking for sure.....although as a trimmer take note of the driver seat in the laid back position and wonder "huh?"..........

Over the last four or five years, I have seen this car being built and finished and I can attest that the build quality is really superb. As creations go, I would have to say it is extremely well done and could not be duplicated for the asking price. Certainly it is not what everyone is looking for, but if someone is looking for a car like this, it would be an exciting car to own and its lots of fun to drive.

Guest BillP

Appears to be very high build quality and looks like bags of fun but the high tail ruins it for me. Of course, my opinion is worth what you pay for it.

Appears to be very high build quality and looks like bags of fun but the high tail ruins it for me. Of course, my opinion is worth what you pay for it.

I was thinking the same thing. Not to demean the car by any stretch because I LOVE it, but in my mind the tail almost needs to be flipped over to look better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Late to the party on this one, no bids yet. There is a guy in Utah who built a supercharged hot rod Packard

speedster of this vintage that looks to be more "fun" than this one. This one is nice, but my speedster body

would have been of a smoother flowing design. Maybe with some Prowler front fenders just for grins. With the

$100,000.00 I could have a Glen Pray Auburn Speedster, and a driver Packard coupe to boot.

Nice car for the vintage racer circuit, and tastefully done. There's even a before picture from a few years ago, the last photo in the ebay ad set. My only question is how did the Single Six grow two cylinders in five years? Started out as a "526 Packard Sedan...6 Cylinders". Seriously though, the bodywork reminds me of the 1921 Duesenberg French Grand Prix racers...and isn't too far off of the Indy 500 cars of the time.

• 1 month later...