1927 Chrysler Body color and belt line painting

Guest My27ChryslerModel50

Guest My27ChryslerModel50

Im a few weeks away from painting my 27 Chrysler Model 50 4 door.. The question I have do the vertical(sides of car) and horizontal belt(back of car) belt lines get painted black?.. was there any type decorative pinstripe along the horizontal belt line? any help will be appreciated...

post-91189-143141954843_thumb.jpg

Edited by My27ChryslerModel50 (see edit history)

Guest art s

Not sure how much it helps you but many if not all of those early Chryslers were made by Fisher Body Works. Fisher was totally owned by GM in 1926, but continued to make bodies for other car manufacturers until near the end of 1928. Contact The Filling Station in Lebanon and ask for a 28 Chev sedan paint diagram. Fisher used more snazzy colors on Chrysler bodies but it will give you a better idea of how it was laid out and executed. The other place is to look at the ads for sale on Greed Bay and that too will help with the lay out of the paint. Bear in mind that the ads on Greed Bay are renderings and not actual photos since color photos were still a ways off. Generally the body will be one color, the fenders and side splash aprons will be black, kind of like a picture frame. The belt line mouldings will be contrasting color and a bright pin stripe will be laid down on top of the belt line mouldings, hood louvers, wheels, across the top of the cowl, etc. You get the idea.