1954-56 Buick performance front sway bar kit

brad54

Let Santa put something under the tree for YOU! You deserve it!

Shipped four out last week, and have gotten a ton of feedback from people--everyone is very happy with it.

They've gone all over the US, Canada, the Netherlands, Australia and New Zealand.

-Brad

Oh yeah, AND I am running them on two of my cars and have installed them on several customer cars. The difference in handling through windy roads and curved on-ramps is very noticeable.

Good to hear Mike...............I got one from Brad recently ...........it's stashed away with the other goodies ready to go on the 55.

I have just 18 sway bar kits left, from my original stock of 50 kits. That's 32 VERY satisfied customers!

If you've been thinking about ordering one (or more!) don't put it off. I MAY have another batch made, but if I do it will be a smaller quantity, and that's going to drive the price up.

However, as of right now, I haven't decided if I will order another batch, in any quantity. So when these are gone, they may be GONE.

-Brad

Hi Michael,

I'm happy to ship them overseas. Send me your address and I will get a quote for you.

I've sent a few to Europe and a couple to New Zealand and Australia.

-Brad

Great, Brad.

:)

My full name and address;

Michael Bengtsson​

Söndrumsvägen 57 A

302 39 Halmstad

Sweden

Believe it could be quite expensive ship to Sweden. A friend of mine are shipping parts/cars in a contaainer from Florida later on so I might be able ship by him. At the moment I don´t have the address in Florida but will get it any day now. What do you think?

I do need some trimparts for my 56 super 4 door ht, do you know any who got such parts? Needed is rear left & right door trim and rear right lower quater trim on fender. Will need more parts for sure. Do some chopping on ebay but the prices are crazy.

Have a nice day and a Happy New Year.

Michael

It will be cheaper to ship to Florida. I'll get a quote to Sweden for you.

Check with Mr. Earl here on the forum to see if he might have the trim pieces you're looking for. He mainly deals in '54 Buicks, but I think he has a '55 and a '56 parts car too.

-Brad

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Less than a dozen left, guys. I did shipping quotes for several people, and haven't heard back from them one way or another, so while there are 11 sitting on my shelf right now ready to ship, if those guys all pull the trigger, I'll have less than five left. So if you've been thinking about it, don't think too much longer!

-Brad

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed one of Brad's front sway bars on my 1956 Buick Century and it made one big difference in the handling. I live in the Sierra Nevada Mountains with all of these curvy roads and this sway bar flattens them all out. If you own a '54, '55, or '56 Buick you need to get one of these for your car!

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I have an update, don't mind being the test case on this one. It seems that he has not manufactured one for a 54-56 Buick in awhile. However, I know for a fact that he recently manufactured one for my friend who owns a 55 Olds 88. His engineering diagrams are out of date so, I linked him up with a fellow Buick owner in his area to get the proper measurements to double check his measurements. I have all the confidence that this will work out in the end. I will provide another update once I know that the manufacturing of the front sway bar is complete.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Bought, received, and installed a 1 inch front sway bar on the 56. Price including shipping was $380.00. It is recommended the car be on its weight in the front. So, I went and borrowed a drive on lift to do the project. The removal of the old bar and installation of the new bar took a little over two hours to complete. The 60+ years old bolts were a little difficult but, made easier when I put the impact tool on them. The shop manual could not be followed completely with the new set up. The tips on the new bar are quite a bit thicker than the old bar so, you could not get the recommended distance of 1 11/16 between the top grommets. You could get the recommended 1 11/16 between the lower grommets. PM me if you want the details of where to get the sway bar from.

• Like 2