29 coupe for sale

Povertycove

This '29 is available in Orland, Maine. I spoke with the owner last year about the car. He wants $15,000 for it, despite the fact that the car needs everything ... Interior, paint, plating, brakes etc. I drove the car in the Yard. Starts easily, shifts comfortably, sounds fine. Apparently there's no point in making an offer. Maine style, it's fifteen or nothing. I bring this to your attention because it is a nice car that needs an owner , but one with with deep pockets.post-41882-1431419505_thumb.jpg

post-41882-143141950387_thumb.jpg

post-41882-143141950484_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Well, yes and no. Think some people missed this one, including myself. Franklins are great cars, but the styling is somewhat off putting, as they say. Most of the Franklins one sees for sale in the late 20's and early 30's are sedans, and again, great cars for driving but boring styling.

A coupe, very nice, even if saddled with a heavy front end treatment. I don't think $15K, or the offer that bought the car, is outrageous, for a coupe....that could be spruced up a little and driven for fun...

• 2 weeks later...

When I saw the car, last year, it seemed to need everything. The paint was off in large chunks, the seat was held together with duct tape, it needed wood and a lot of mechanical repair. For me to get the car where I'd want it, the restoration costs seemed prohibitive. I never thought the price was outrageous if all you wanted to do was to get it on the road. But as a restoration project, I still think one would have to have, at least, a lot of ambition.