What is the year and model of my Grandfather's Brush

Guest Chashomer

Guest Chashomer

This is a picture of my Grandfather, Doctor H. H. Burroughs in his Brush. Can you help me identify the year and model of the Brush. This picture was made in Conway South Carolina, probably before 1910. This picture was taken from the calendar of the Conway National Bank in Conway, SC. Any help will be appreciated.

post-94356-14314193537_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Great photo . I would say 1912/1911 unless the radiator shell is really tarnished brass and not painted steel ( sometimes hard to tell in these old black and white photos) then it could be 1910. Looks like it has an open deck cargo area in the back which would classify it as a Standard Brush Runabout model . Hope this helps.post-90871-143141956141_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
Guest Chashomer

Thanks, My Father was born in1904 and he appears to be 7 to 8 years old in the picture. My Father talked of the car but never identified it by the year.

Guest Chashomer

Thanks, I would like to see a photo of your car. My Father said they often backed over hills and pushed the car in sand. My Grandfather purchased a Model T which was more suited to the rural roads.