Please help ID old air-cooled cylinder and heads.

lump

Hello. I recently hit an estate sale, conducted in a dusty/dirty old barn. Prices were very, very cheap...for mostly rusty old dirty stuff. So I quickly started making a big pile, and simply bought everything that looked interesting. But now the hard part begins...trying to identify some of this stuff.

I got one old "jug," (or cylinder) for an older air-cooled engine. I could find only one jug and two cylinder heads...no crank case, etc, etc. But I have no idea what this stuff is. Can anyone help me with this?

Jugsmallcyl4IDLoRez2_zps678f21c5.jpg

At first I ASSUMED it was part of an air compressor. But both heads feature spark plug holes. What do you think, gang? Any help will be DEEPLY appreciated.

Jugsmallcyl4IDLoRez1_zps7d77a7c0.jpg

Hello. I recently hit an estate sale, conducted in a dusty/dirty old barn. Prices were very, very cheap...for mostly rusty old dirty stuff. So I quickly started making a big pile, and simply bought everything that looked interesting. But now the hard part begins...trying to identify some of this stuff.

I got one old "jug," (or cylinder) for an older air-cooled engine. I could find only one jug and two cylinder heads...no crank case, etc, etc. But I have no idea what this stuff is. Can anyone help me with this?

Jugsmallcyl4IDLoRez2_zps678f21c5.jpg

At first I ASSUMED it was part of an air compressor. But both heads feature spark plug holes. What do you think, gang? Any help will be DEEPLY appreciated.

Jugsmallcyl4IDLoRez1_zps7d77a7c0.jpg

This is a cylinder and head from a Gravely multi -purpose lawn mower/root tiller/snow plow.