1955 Buick Century

Guest Minispdrcr

Guest Minispdrcr
Just an fyi. I have bought and sold three 55s lately, a century 2dr hdtp. a special 4 dr hdtp and a century 4 dr hdtp. They were nice solid drivers but not quite as nice as yours. they sold (in order) for $6000, $4400 and $4850. You got a pretty good deal.Rich

Thanks for letting me know! I did some work on it this weekend and hope to enjoy it again soon.

• 8 months later...
Guest Minispdrcr

Here is the latest from the voltage regulator sticking. I finally got the dash off, the previous owner or whomever decided to get little weld beads on the very corners of the dash so that was fun to figure out.

IMG_20150525_093231962_zps4awtkvgx.jpg

IMG_20150525_101531074_zpseeoyyyry.jpg

Guest Minispdrcr

Mike, 

I guess it makes a bit of sense, I am in Oklahoma, so the car never made it out of the south. 

• 3 months later...
Guest Minispdrcr

Quick question. What are the spark plug wire lengths and what boots are on them? The previous owner used all same lengths and I have cousin who works for a spark plug manufacturer who said he can make some.

90° boots on the spark plugs, straight boots at distributor.  I use NAPA 700175 wires and cut to length and assemble using old straight boots at the distributor; the orange boots at the plugs is hidden under the covers.  These are solid wire like the original and will serve you well unless you have added sensitive electronic equipment.

Why is there a problem with the length of the wires? If you run the wires under the spark plug cover through the grommet at the spark plug cover then again through the grommet on the bracket at the valve cover; Then you can cut to length with a relaxed loop over there distributor.

I have a set of original wires and I've never used them to compare length.