Articles for Reuse!

I just copied the following from the General Forums! At some point in time, I'd like to see a separate area for articles and links like on our web site. Be aware that any article you'd like to reprint from Hemmings would need an editor's approval before reprinting. I'm thinking/guessing that Mr. Strohl may allow that for our club's use.

Just an FYI, for anybody who's looking for stories in back issues of any Hemmings publication, they're all available on Hemmings.com. While the most recent few months are available only to subscribers, the full articles are available to everybody after that time has elapsed.

We also have linked indexes available for every magazine, so if you're not sure which issue a particular article appeared in, you can scan through the index to find out:

Hemmings Motor News

Auto Classifieds - Hemmings Auto Classifieds feature cars for sale nation wide. | Hemmings Motor News

Hemmings Classic Car

Auto Classifieds - Hemmings Auto Classifieds feature cars for sale nation wide. | Hemmings Motor News

Hemmings Muscle Machines

Hemmings Sports and Exotic Car

To answer the OP's question, the articles from the January 2012 issue of Hemmings Classic Car can be found at

Hemmings Classic Car stories from January 2012 | Hemmings Motor News

Hope this helps,

Daniel Strohl

Web Editor

Hemmings Motor News<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

• 1 year later...

This thread moved on "down the line" without any input. I'd still like to see editors share their articles on this forum as PDF's. They can easily be uploaded, or even a link from your club's web site could be posted here. Is there any interest in this?

Wayne

• 8 months later...

Wayne, you asked what editors thought about posting

articles on the AACA Forum for others to use. It's a good

idea, but perhaps within The Rummage Box would be

a better place.

I'd be cautious about posting my articles for ANYONE

(not merely other editors) to use and copy. We write

well-researched articles for our region and possibly

other regions, but not to be distributed around the

world willy-nilly.

I already saw one article I wrote--and used only

in our region's printed newsletter--posted on the

internet. It was because the person being interviewed

was well known outside the hobby. I don't know the

person who STOLE the article and used it without authorization.