HuppMobile

Guest vacabill

The Hupps are rare so there is not a lot of data on exactly what the market is. I know of a couple of unrestored victorias that sold in the last few years for under 15k. The 3 window which is restored sold twice in the last few years for about the same money. If that 32 cabriolet you are talking about was a cycle fender car then it might be worth 100k now if restored nicely. I would say the sedan would probably sell for 25 - 30k. Open quarter sedans are the toughest sell.

These cars are not like others where there are numerous public auction numbers that set the values pretty clearly.

Guest Rob McDonald
Open quarter sedans

That's a useful term that I haven't heard before. It excludes club sedans, with closed roof quarters, which are generally more attractive and saleable.

They're a challenge to drive though. I had a ride in a Pierce-Arrow club sedan just yesterday and the owner was very anxious about the restricted visibility, when reversing. He is loathe to even take the car out of the garage, unless there's someone with him to help back it in on returning.