1959 Buick Electra 225 conv. (pace car)

Mirko 73

Mirko,

Your work is astounding. I am glad your were able to work out the glass refund but what are you going to do to remady the issue. Many of us are confronted with the same issues in this department. I guess the best bet is to use your original glass as paterns and have it custom cut and that only if it is flat glass. The windshield is a whole nether story. Keep up the good work.

Mirko

is this the same car I posted on the forum, for sale, about 2 years ago? I can't remember, but it looked a lot worse then what you are working on. It had factory buckets, etc, if I recall. You get more done in 6 months then I do in years!

Hi guys

Meanwhile, Happy Holidays to all.

the side windows I made them do in Italy and I have already installed the chrome frame and the enclosed seal side, then put the photos.

the company that had given me the glass I refunded the side windows, the windshield unfortunately you can not do anything, the distance is great, but it could happen in any case that arrives broken.

a friend of mine was in the USA and took him and brought him to the windshield in wooden boxes at the port of New York is now traveling by ship with a 49 Caddy I bought.

This Buick I took nine months ago, the first that I bought was really expensive and bring ariginale so we have created a sofa...

thanks for the compliments

thi is the old 59 Buick

post-88794-143142327848_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Stunning work Mirko.

I remembered that you started with a car that needed a lot of work but I had to revisit the start of this thread to remind myself of just how much work was needed.

May I suggest you post a before and after photo just to show the transformation...............SPECTACULAR!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mirko

According to my 59 Buick sales brochure…. the correct tire size for your car is

8.00 X 15 mounted on 15X6 wheels.

It's looking GREAT!

mike

<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/f0ec25bc/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Mirko,

Fabulous work...love your every update!

Regarding your tire question: I went with Coker 820 X 15 US Royal 2 3/4 White Wall which was the closest I could find with the correct white wall width and a "brand name" that was available in 1959

https://www.cokertire.com/tires/brands/us-royal-tires/u-s-royal-wide-whitewall.html

Edited by Electra 59 (see edit history)

Thanks to all, but a question for Mr. Sidoti, why 820x15 and no 800x15 that are in stock?

thanks Mirko

https://www.cokertire.com/800-15-coker-classic-3-whitewall-tire.html

Mirko,

I went with the US Royal 820 X 15 with 2 3/4 whitewall as a compromise. I considered the 800 X 15 Coker and decided against it because my research seemed to indicate that whitewalls between 2.3 and 2.5 was the correct size whitewall (after installation the bead took about 1/4") and "Coker" was not a tire brand in 1959. In my (maybe warped) mind I thought that the size of the whitewall and the tire brand were more noticeable and counted more than the slightly larger width. You certainly could not go wrong with the Coker tire in the correct size.

I spoke more about this subject on my restoration website on the page titled "1959 Buick Tire Size and Wheel Colors"

Keep up the fabulous work!

Edited by Electra 59 (see edit history)