1975 Monte Carlo 3,800 original miles all black barn find

Guest Thundershine

Guest Thundershine

Hello I have a 1975 Monte Carlo all black Landau for sale it has 3,800 miles on it has been stored sence 1986. Here are some photos it had a car cover on it till about 5 years ago. But car has been garaged its whole life.

If you have any questions and are interested in it than please contact me also will post more info as I get it thanks again. And only serious offers please thanks back in the late 90s the car was appraised and it came in 28,000 +. But I know things have went down alot sence than so if you wonna ask any question I am more than free to help or call me 970-201-1644 thanks

8f3386f4d21f928283daf44b7ca4f391_zps36a059de.jpg

c2f53beaef1b437d553e43f741b53418_zpsba0a9739.jpg

4ddd18aafc416546f3a44b466e242030_zpsc8d0690f.jpg

cace69f2b4832179ee10d527253fc83a_zps1936ced0.jpg

a64aeb0da44fd06043453490e9d2d7d1_zpsfec8ad9c.jpg

83cb921d4e39e6b960ab7a8da2571981_zpsabca0a20.jpg

1ab20493d7f7ad956e4ea8effae25bad_zps784f2f1e.jpg

ea87be141c2023feaa764292f83103c0_zpsd77f64f0.jpg

7e0ea7c688d600cb0888ec75a5132e39_zps75113233.jpg

Guest Thundershine

Sence prices have dropped the last decade and sence it was appraised at $28+. I would like to ask $25,000 OBO. Also open to trades. I really like the continental mark ii 1956 or 1957 But I like Lincoln's from any year so just ask if you have any questions

Does it run? It would look a lot better if you washed it. Those aren't the original tires, are they? The one on the right rear looks like it has a lot more than 3800 miles on it, unless the previous owner liked to do a lot of burnouts....

• Like 1

Guest Thundershine

I have asked a lot of car collectors and I was told it would look better and sell beter if I didn't touch a thing. They are not the original tires after siting they cracked so other tiers were put on from 1986 when it was stored till early 2000s the car was on jacks to let the suspension hang. The car is a fa,ily car I am selling it for my aunt. My uncle bought it brand new in 75. Than sold it to my other uncle his brother in early 85 with only 3,000 or so miles on it and my other uncle only put 700 or so miles on it. Befor putting it up in mid 86 it had a dust car cover in it till it was moved in early 2000s

Guest Thundershine

Idk. If you put new gas in it and a battery I'm sure it would turn over ? But remember it has been siting sence 1986 it has been moved just never by its own power sence 1986 ? So I'm sure the gas tank would need to be cleaned and the breaks addressed ?

Guest Thundershine

I was asked to start somewhere. I wona keep it as it is right here. I'll entertain any responsible offers I won't take 5k for it but I know I won't get 18k but if somebody wants it I know we can make a deal. Cause If I get this running and all done up I won't sell it

We recently sold a '77 Monte Carlo with a little over 12,000 original miles and got about half of what you're asking, and it was running and driving with ice cold A/C. Yours, as it sits, is going to be a tough sell if nobody knows whether it runs, what kind of condition the paint is in, whether the A/C works, etc. Black on black is a great color combination, but an ultra-low-mile car like this is going to need A LOT of money spent on service to get it back into roadworthy condition, including fluids, brakes, cooling system, fuel system, carburetor, etc. You will definitely be able to sell it for a price closer to your figure if you get it out, get it running, sort out the various sub-systems, and clean it up. Sure, barn finds are exciting, but people don't pay a premium for a car that doesn't run just because it's been in a garage for 15 years getting dirty. It's been discovered, the "find" part is over, now it's time to properly market it. These are popular cars, you have a loaded example in great colors, but you're asking twice book value for a car that doesn't run and probably needs major service. That's a tall order.

I'd also recommend finding the original wheels and wire wheelcovers and at least include them with the sale. Those chrome aftermarket rims are not helping.

Get it running and it'll sell faster. I don't think $12,000-15,000 is an unreasonable goal.

Good luck!

Guest Thundershine

Ok thank you very much. I can totally understand the barn find thing :). I just don't know about doing all that. But always worth a shot

Guest Thundershine

I think your right ? But talked to her and that's we're she's at. But remember $17,500. OBO. So if there is anyone serious But the car haven't been totally neglected it has been in a garage it's whole life and a car cover on it till about 5 or 10 years ago. And it was on jacks to prevent the suspension from sagging till about a year ago because of haveing to clean out the garages had to m

Thundershine,

FYI, I looked at NADA -

[TABLE=class: tbl-pricing used-pricing]

<TBODY>[TR]

[TH] [/TH]

[TH=class: help]Original

MSRP[/TH]

[TH=class: help]Low

Retail[/TH]

[TH=class: help]Average

Retail[/TH]

[TH=class: help]High

Retail[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Base Price[/TD]

[TD]$4,510[/TD]

[TD]$3,225[/TD]

[TD]$5,550[/TD]

[TD]$8,700[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 5]Options: (edit options)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: option-row]

[TD]ADD-FACTORY AIR CONDITIONING[/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD]10%[/TD]

[TD]10%[/TD]

[TD]10%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: tbl-pricing-total]

[TD]TOTAL PRICE:[/TD]

[TD]$4,510[/TD]

[TD]$3,547[/TD]

[TD]$6,105[/TD]

[TD]$9,570[/TD]

[/TR]

</TBODY>[/TABLE]

Guest Thundershine

I have also looked there. But nada does not show value of the super rare cars and prices. On the Lincoln's. it shows top end being $22,000 but I've seen alot of the super low mileage ones go between $40 and $60 grand. So nada is a great place to get a good price idea for the normal cars. But on these does not take in account of the super low mileage

Guest Thundershine

And when I mean Lincoln's I'm talking about the 78 diamond jubilees and the 79 collectors marks

You may want to stop by a book store magazine rack and get a current copy of Old Cars Report Price Guide to show your aunt. My copy is several months old, so I won't give you a price from it but you will find a much realistic "ballpark" value there.

Thundershine,

We realize you're trying to help your aunt obtain the best price on the Monte Carlo, and it is unique because of the low mileage status. As far as your comment below, were the $40 to $60 grand auction prices?

"On the Lincoln's. it shows top end being $22,000 but I've seen a lot of the super low mileage ones go between $40 and $60 grand."

Guest Thundershine

No they were not auction prices they were private sellings no biddings. I wish this was a Lincoln or a cadillac. But it is a shame that it is a Monte Carlo :(. But it's a great car non the less if one is really interested in it

I agree with Matt. If this were cleaned up and running 100%, it's worth $12,500 to $15,000 at the most. A few years ago at Hershey when they had the auction at Giant Center, I talked with the owner of a '77 Cougar with 7,000 miles on it as I recall. We were talking about the car and he insisted he wouldn't take less than $25K for it because "if it were any other Cougar, it couldn't be restored for that." I told him restoration costs had little to do with the value of a car like his but he insisted it was worth it. I sat in on the auction and it got bid to $10,500 which is just about what I thought it would go for. He wouldn't list the reserve so it didn't sell. It is what it is.

I remember a couple of years ago someone got on the forums and wanted to find a good motel in Illinois to base the Monte Carlo Club's national convention. If you could contact this club, maybe you could try to pay for an ad in their publication or even drag the car to their meet on a trailer and sell it. No guarantees...but that might be the marketplace.

Mr. Thundershine, if you can document the low mileage--by means of work receipts, title transfers, etc.,

that would help you achieve the estimated $12,000-15,000.

As for the Lincoln Mark V's, let me assure you as an owner of a low-mileage 1978 Mark V that they

do NOT command anywhere near the stated $40,000-60,000. I bought mine with only 10,000 miles,

and the seller--an experienced collector--could not get $9000. I paid $6000 for one in near-mint condition,

all working and looking showroom new. Asking prices for many cars are irrelevant, and documented

selling prices, such as those on Ebay, are the best references.

If you look in the front of the NADA price guide for collector cars, the editors acknowlege that their prices

are higher than in other guides. They say their prices are for ORIGINAL cars (not restored), which tend

to be more desirable for some collectors.

All the best as you try to sell it.

• 4 years later...

back up for sale, presumably a new owner given the current location but you never know,  $17k. At least it has been washed.  :>)

This car is 100 percent original. Only 3800 miles. Car was stored inside it's entire life. Car is like brand new and has zero rust. Engine is an all stock 350 with factory air. Runs and drives like a brand new car. You will absolutely not find a cleaner Monte Carlo. Only selling because we no longer have the space for it. Also has brand new Firestone tires on it. Only missing one of the original hub caps. Thanks for looking

253 888 0462

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/d/1975-monte-carlo-only-3800/6597534187.html

If I had to guess, I'd say that the car has changed hands since the first post. I'll stand by my thoughts that this could be a $15,000 car given what it is now that it's out and running and serviced. Five years ago when it was just a pig in a poke, it was all question marks. But there it is--a triple black Monte Carlo with 3800 miles. I do think a set of hubcaps or maybe factory-style Rallys would make it more marketable, but even as it sits, it looks pretty sinister. I think it's cool.

If it was a first-generation 1970-72 Monte, it would be a 5-figure car. 

One should consider themselves very lucky to get anywhere close to 5-figures for a second-generation 'pimpmobile' Monte. 

Craig

A couple posts have mentioned the missing hubcaps and I'm also confused about that.  The window sticker shows a $23 credit for "wire wheel covers".  Does that mean those hubcaps were a $23 cheaper option than whatever came standard on the car?  Or were they standard and could be deleted for a $23 credit?  If the latter, that would explain no hubcaps.

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:55 PM, CHuDWah said:

A couple posts have mentioned the missing hubcaps and I'm also confused about that.  The window sticker shows a $23 credit for "wire wheel covers".  Does that mean those hubcaps were a $23 cheaper option than whatever came standard on the car?  Or were they standard and could be deleted for a $23 credit?  If the latter, that would explain no hubcaps.

As part of the "LANDAU"" package in 1975,  turbine style wheels   were standard equipment.

The vehicle was probably a sold unit when ordered by the dealer.

The buyer opted to have the simulated wire wheel covers , RPO N95,  so to eliminate the turbine wheels and add the wire covers generated a $23.00 credit on the retail price.

• Like 1