1966 Chrysler 300

Guest hwess

Guest hwess

I need calipers for the front disc brakes for my 1966 Chrysler 300. Anyone know where I can find them? Thanks for any information you can give. Herb Wessel, h1308wess@ qis.net or call 410-374-2273

I believe somebody is doing the stainless steel sleeve modification to those caliper . . . not unlike what they do to the 4-piston Corvette calipers. You might also check on some of the C-body websites . . . as the "C-Body Drydock" website.

You can update to the later single-piston calipers if you change spindles and the control arms to the '72-era parts (which bolt on in the place of the earlier ones). There are also some upgrade kits to put discs on the earlier drum brake cars (front and rear), too. I feel it would be nice to keep everything in the original configuration, though.

You might also check the Walter P. Chrysler Club website for vendor links. Might also be some links on the B-body mopar forums, or even the A-body forums as the 4-piston calipers weren't, as I recall, ONLY on the C-body Chryslers/Dodges/Plymouths. Might not be the same exact caliper, but possibly some leads on where to get them rebuilt/sleeved.

Enjoy!

NTX5467