Floorboard measurements

Guest zazothex

Guest zazothex

I'm installing new floor sheet on my '47 LCC and hope someone can answer two questions about where they meet the firewall:

1. how much of a gap is there between the framerails and the sheet as the floor rises to meet the underside of the firewall? I remember there was a bit and possibly some spacers in there, but mine right now has over 3" and I'm thinking I should contour it a bit to lie against the rails more.

post-67607-143141910067_thumb.jpg

2. Similarly, my tranny cover also has a big gap where it sits on the floor. Again, where the boards meet the firewall along this contour. Is there supposed to be one, and it just gets filled with the gasket?

Guest zazothex

Thanks. That's what I needed. However, if the contour is that of the rail, then there is a large gap between the tranny hump and the floor. can anyone confirm how this is fixed?

Guest zazothex

The gap is at the front near the firewall where it transitions from the vertical to the floor; about 6" or so along each side of the tranny cutout. Not my car, but pic is appx where it is. My floors already have the extra Connie kick panels removed, so these aren't the problem

post-67607-14314191399_thumb.jpg