Anybody Drive up Pike's Peak Last July?

jeff_a

Somebody was driving up Pike's Peak last summer and saw a bunch of antique cars being driven to the summit, among them a beautiful red Peerless Touring Car. Photos were taken of what's probably a 4-Cyl. car with 4 aboard. I don't know what year -- but it looked like it just came out of the showroom -- if it was 1906, or 1908 at the latest.

Does anyone who reads the AACA Peerless Forum know whose car it was? Two of the passengers had HCCA logos on their clothes....so maybe it was a Horseless Carriage Club of America tour. There aren't too many 1905-1910 Peerlesses around, but I can't place where this one is from.:confused:

Others included a brass Model T, a 1910s Rolls-Royce, and a Pierce-Arrow Speedster from that era. I found this on Flickr in a group of stunning pictures by someone using the name "hobbitcamera". You can see some photos if you look on: www.flickr.com and search: "27 A Peerless car." All taken July 6th, 2012.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

I drove up Pike's Peak last July with this group. The Peerless belongs to a collector in Colorado. PM me and I'd be glad to give you his name. I'm not sure he'd want it posted here.

It was a great trip. We were on the HCCA National Tour based in Colorado Springs for a week. It was a tour of about 100 cars, but only about 10 attempted Pike's Peak. All made it up and down with no trouble.

Here we are on top with our 1910 Ford (green) and friends with their 1912 (gray).

post-30702-143141906314_thumb.jpg

Chris,

I knew someone else had to have seen these great autos somewhere. What a coincidence you were in one of the other 9 cars and not just someone ( like me ) who saw it online. The photographer who chanced upon your group had a picture of your Ford on the photo-sharing site, too. He may not have been part of your tour, but he sure took good shots! ---Jeff

Thank you. Nice to know that this is a 1906 Peerless Model 15. These were Fours with 45 HP and sold in the $5,000-$6,000 range.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)