WANTED! OWNERS OF CARS WITH 26" RIMS! DO YOU NEED 35" X 4 1/2" TIRES?

Guest brass-is-class

Guest brass-is-class

ARE 34 X 4 TIRES TOO SMALL FOR YOUR CAR? ARE 36 X 5 TIRES TOO BIG? UNIVERSAL TIRE YEARS AGO MANUFACTURED 35 X 4 1/2s. THE MOLD MAY STILL EXIST. IN TALKING WITH THE MANUFACTURER, THERE MAY BE A CHANCE TO HAVE A RUN OF THIS SIZE MADE IN BLACKS AND WHITES, RIBBED TREAD. FIRESTONE NON-SKIDS COULD ALSO BE AVAILABLE IF THE UNIVERSAL MOLD CANNOT BE LOCATED. THERE NEEDS TO BE SUFFICIENT INTEREST IN THIS SIZE FOR THE MANUFACTURER TO PRODUCE A RUN. PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED AND THE QUANTITY YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. IT WOULD BE WISE TO INCLUDE SPARES ALSO IN YOUR QUANTITY. I WILL RELAY THIS INFORMATION TO THE MANUFACTURER. (NOTE: This is only a polling exercise to gauge interest. I am not taking orders and I have no authority to do so by the manufacturer.) HOPEFULLY THERE IS ENOUGH INTEREST TO SUCCESSFULLY GET THESE TIRES MANUFACTURED ONCE MORE. THANK YOU!

Gary Smith

Sahuarita, AZ

email: sasgjs@gmail.com

ph.: 520-399-2433

• 2 weeks later...
Guest brass-is-class
I could use four of them. How about tubes? will the 34 x 4 tubes and flaps work? RHL

Green Dragon! Check out the discussion on the GENERAL FORUM for the same notice I posted there. I got a response from Mike at Universal Tire who states that they do have the mold and are actually prepping it for production later this year or early 2014. I posed the same questions about tubes and flaps. Haven't got a response back yet. I put the notices in 4 locations: General Forum; But/Sell; Horseless Carriage Pre-16; and VMCCA to get as much coverage as I could. Guess we could call or e-mail Universal directly to get that answer if we don't hear back from Mike. Thanks for inquiring. If I hear anymore info, I'll be sure to post.

• 3 weeks later...