1955 Chrysler Windsor options

Guest stude442@gmail.com

Guest stude442@gmail.com

I was hired to do a prepurchase inspection on a 1955 Chrysler Windsor Deluxe 4 door sedan with factory optional wire wheels and the Highlander interior. How much value do these items add to the value of this particular Chrysler?

Thank you fior any help in this matter.

stude442

I could be wrong, but I don't believe that the Windsor of 1955 ever came with "Highlander" interiors. I think that the Highlander plaid era ended around 1950, maybe. Seems to me, it would have been a New Yorker option if at all available. Maybe the car in question has some aftermarket seat covers on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Aftermarket wire wheels add up to their purchase value, the original Motorwheels rather more if they are good. However rusted spokes are quite common and cost alot to rectify at the renowned repairers. Highlander plaid might well have been an option far beyond the 40-48 period when it was common. Remember 55 was a year of Mopar Spring Specials etc mixing whatever was in the parts bin.

Aftermarket wire wheels add up to their purchase value, the original Motorwheels rather more if they are good. However rusted spokes are quite common and cost alot to rectify at the renowned repairers. Highlander plaid might well have been an option far beyond the 40-48 period when it was common. Remember 55 was a year of Mopar Spring Specials etc mixing whatever was in the parts bin.

I can see that happening maybe with a Town and Country, but probably not on the Windsor.