Dyna Beads

Mike Dube

Due to a bad balancing issue chewing up some of my Lesters prematurely I have stripped the Auburn's drop center wire wheels to get a good look at them before installing new tires. Frankly, while not perfect, they don't seem all that bad to me. I am using the Firestone 600/650x17s this time, they have a nicer look and seem to have deeper tread to begin with. I haven't decided yet whether or not to mount them myself, but in any event am considering using Dyna Beads this time. Anybody have any experience with them?

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/index.php

As to spin balancing, if you drive your car, using the Hunter 9600 balancer makes sense. Whatever you think about Corky, you should find this this video on quick matching tires & wheels interesting:

In a check of shops in my area, it seems like it's mostly those that handle big trucks that have the 9600, which in itself tells us something.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Balance beeds do work until you hit a pot hole or bridge expension joint, then it will shake a little then balance itself out.. Best to get tires without slipped belts...

Edited by Jeff k (see edit history)