1990 Buick Reatta Convertible

Guest DAVESWF

Guest DAVESWF

This REATTA is Bright Red with a Tan top and Tan interior. It is in excellent condition, has always been garaged, and has only 13K miles. This car comes with Original owners manual/binder with ALL components, as well as Original window price sticker.

Year:1990

Coupe: ___ Conv:_X___

Mileage:_13,XXX

Considered Correct? (Y/N) Y

VIN: 1G4EC33CXLB904138

Title: Clear_X__ Salvage____ Other___

Any Accident History? (Y/N) N

Asking Price: $ 19,500; or make an offer

Willing to take trade (Y/N) N

Exterior Color: RED

Interior Color: TAN

Paint Original? (Y/N) Y

Paint Condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor) Excellent

Belt & Bumper Molding Color: (Black/Body Color) Black

Body Dents: (Y/N) N

If Y where__________________

Body Rust: (Y/N) N

If Y where__________________

Windshield Chipped or Cracked? (Y/N) N

If Y to what extent?

Vent Glass Intact? (Y/N) Y

If N please describe which one is damaged and how damaged.

Rubber surround molding for windshield condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor) Excellent

(Coupe only) Rubber surround molding for rear window condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor)

Out Side Mirrors Intact? (Y/N) Y

Headlight Motors Function Correctly? (Y/N) Y

Tail Light Lens: (Clear/Cloudy/Cracked) Clear

(Convertable only)

Convertable Top Material: (Vinyl or Cloth) Cloth

Convertable Top Color? Tan

Convertable Top Condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor) Excellent

Please describe any flaws or problems with the convertible top.

Interior Original? (Y/N) Y

16 Way Seats? (Y/N) N

Works (Y/N)

Suede bolsters? (88 only) (Y/N)

Seat Condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor) Excellent

Drivers interior door panel condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor) Excellent

Passengers interior door panel condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor) Excellent

Center console top armrest condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor) Excellent

Door weather stripping condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor) Excellent

Headliner Condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor) N/A

Carpet Condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor) Excellent

Original Floor Mats: (Y/N) Y

Floor Mat Condition: (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor) Excellent

Condition of Steering Wheel Leather: (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor) Excellent

Sun Roof? (Y/N) N/A

Works? (Y/N)

Functional Keyless Entry? (Y/N) Y

Both Remotes? (Y/N) Y

Problems with Electronic Dash items? (Y/N) N

If Y describe problems:

Power Windows Work Correctly? (Y/N Y)

Power Seats Work Correctly? (Y/N) Y

Power Door Locks Work Correctly? (Y/N) Y

Power Antenna Work Correctly? (Y/N) Y

Original Sound System? (Y/N) Y

Factory CD Player? (90-91 only) (Y/N) N

Sound System Fully Functional? (Y/N) N

If N what are the problems (i.e. tape player, CD, speakers, noise): Tape player does not work

Aftermarket Sound System Equipment? (Y/N) N

If Y describe:

A/C Functional? (Y/N) Y

If N describe problem:

Has the A/C been converted from R12 to R134A? (Y/N) Y

Does the suspension require any attention? (Y/N) N

If Y describe what is needed

Tire Brand:Uniroyal/Tiger Paws 6 years old, 4000 miles

Remaining Tread: 95%

Are All Tires Matched? (Y/N) Y

Factory Wheels? (Y/N) Y

If N describe the non stock wheel

Factory Wheel Center Caps Condition: (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor) Excellent

Missing Caps? (_0___) number

Any Brake Components Replaced? (Y/N) N

If Y describe the part(s) replaced and when?

Last Time Brake System Was Flushed? 3 years

Original Engine? (Y/N) Y

If N when replaced and how many miles on replacement?

Original Engine Rebuilt? (Y/N) N

If Y when and how many miles ago?

Does Engine require attention? (Y/N) N

If Y what needs to be done.

When was last tune up? 3 years

Does the engine, cooling system, power steering, or brake system leak any fluids? (Y/N) N

If Y describe in detail what is leaking, to what extent.

How often do you change the oil? 2X /year

Original Transmission? (Y/N) Y

If N when replaced and how many miles on replacement?

Original Transmission Rebuilt? (Y/N) N

Does Transmission require attention? (Y/N) N

If Y what needs to be done?

When was last Transmission Service? 3 Years

Any Transmission Leaks? (Y/N) N

If Y to what extent?

Have CV joints been replaced? (Y/N) N

I have (all/most/some/no) receipts for this vehicle's service history. Most

(or, for example I have all receipts for service for the last 7 years and 5,000 miles)

Does the car have the owners manual portfolio? Y

For 90/91 Reattas only, does the owners manual portfolio contain:

Craftsmen?s Log (Y/N)Y

Tire gauge (Y/N) Y

Flashlight (Y/N) Y

Buick Road Atlas (Y/N) Y

In General, What items need attention? Nothing that I know of.

My Reatta Drives: (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor) Excellent

I am the 2nd owner of this Reatta.

I have owned this Reatta for 7 Years and 4 Months.

Contact Me at 262-843-4207 or email me [email="davidkoos@hotmail.com"

This is a FLORIDA car, which has always been garaged. I brought this car to WI 2 years ago when we gave up on ‘snow-birding’ and returned to WI on a full-time basis, due to health reasons. As much as I would like to keep this car, I am no longer physically able to take care of it myself, and I have no place to keep it (3 cars do not fit in a 2-car garage), which means I leave one of my other cars outside in the summer and the Reatta in the garage; and when winter comes , I “borrow” garage space from one of my relatives or friends who go south for the winter.

See the area below (with photos) to view:

1-a copy of the APPRAISAL from 2005, when I purchased this car

2-a copy of an unsolicited earlier 'Post' made by a 'Senior Member' regarding this car

(click on the document (s) to enlarge)

More photos will be provided on request.

post-43488-143141867724_thumb.jpg

post-43488-143141867726_thumb.jpg

post-43488-143141867728_thumb.jpg

post-43488-14314186773_thumb.jpg

post-43488-143141872942_thumb.jpg

post-43488-143141872946_thumb.jpg

Edited by DAVESWF
correcting errors on entry (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest DAVESWF

Remember-If you are at all interested,

it doesn't cost anything to ask a question,

or to make an offer.

Give me a call, or send me an email.

• 3 months later...
ebay is a better option for marketing. The fellow that appraised the car, I don't see any evidence of market evaluation. I have not been monitoring the very low mileage Reatta convertible market.

What other marketing have you done for the car other then this forum and what have the results been?

eBay is the best barometer on the car's value (whether we like it or not).

If history is any indication, a Reatta's value will remain steady or drop until spring, then bump up about 5%.

Mecum wont do much with the car (and it is not Mecum's fault). There is such little demand for a Reatta that any push for the car to get recognition will have to come from within (hint hint - RDiv). Someone who once frequented the board preached that once that magical 25 year mark came, these cars would pop in value like tight jeans on Kim Kardasian. Well...still waiting (for the former - couldn't care about the latter).

I hope the seller gets as much as he can for the car but as previously implied, a reasonable price adjustment may be needed.

Guest Corvanti
Someone who once frequented the board preached that once that magical 25 year mark came, these cars would pop in value.

if you're talkin' about me, i still think the value will go up - IF - as i have said in the past, Reatta owners will take their vehicles to "Multi-Make Car Shows" and show other folks what cool cars they are. not just going to Buick and/or Reatta events to "preach to the choir".:)

a nice driver or as you would probably call it: a "parts car", will interest some of the younger ones just entering the "Classic Car" market with not a lot of $$$ to spend. still have 90 & 91's to hit the 25 year mark.

supply (not that many) & rising demand...

i'm now dropping my microphone!:P

if you're talkin' about me,.....:P

No. I said it was someone who once frequented the forum.

For better or worse, you still participate. :D

...and I disagree with you. It will have to be a repeated media blitz (or at the very least social media) to bring attention to the car. To compare, for years I showed the Reatta and Allante. People who come up to the Reatta often say 'I didn't know Buick made these cars'. Then ask a couple polite questions and move on.

When I had my Allante, most people remembered when the car was released/produced, some remembered seeing the car in the showroom or in print media and were more engaging in conversation.

Guest Corvanti
For better or worse, you still participate. :D..and I disagree with you. It will have to be a repeated media blitz (or at the very least social media) to bring attention to the car. To compare, for years I showed the Reatta and Allante. People who come up to the Reatta often say 'I didn't know Buick made these cars'. Then ask a couple polite questions and move on. When I had my Allante, most people remembered when the car was released/produced, some remembered seeing the car in the showroom or in print media and were more engaging in conversation.

Edwin: we will have to agree to disagree on some points. was it a multi-make show? i do concur that the Allante got much more exposure. heck, even J.R. Ewing drove one when "Dallas" was a top rated show - or was that you driving?:)

i'm done on this thread before someone (never been me, yet) gets disciplinary action from a "Mod"!

Guest my3buicks

There have been a few articles and books over the years that have listed the Reatta as a future collectible, I don't think it's going to be overnight. I also don't think every Reatta on the road will be collectable, early on it will be the pristine show cars or ultra low mileage ones, 88's and convertibles first and the 91 Verts & 90 Select 60's will be the halo cars. I have had some major showy show cars over the years and it still amazes me how much attention the Reatta will bring in comparison. Even if it's someone asking what it is, and then the response is "I didn't know Buick built those" - it still draws attention and that is part of the equation to being collectable - a car that stands out. I would also like to have the 88 Select 60 back in my stabile. I don't think anyone here thinks they are going to ever be as collectible or valuable as lets say a same condition GN, but the Reatta will have it's day again. I am not sure why some of the naysayers on the forum even own a Reatta if they think so little of them.

... There is such little demand for a Reatta that any push for the car to get recognition will have to come from within (hint hint - RDiv)...
I agree the RDiv should do what they can but when you say "come from within" this forum has to be included in that. As members of this Reatta forum we probably have more influence, as a group, on how the general public perceives the Buick Reatta than the RDiv does.

Your Reatta Rally has certainly helped generate interest in the Reatta. I hope ROJ has as well, but when it comes right down to it this forum is where most people end up when they are thinking about getting a Reatta or have just purchased one. What they find here has a big impact on how they feel about owning a Reatta. This forum can make them happy they purchased their Reatta or it can be the beginning of buyers remorse if they don't feel welcomed here.

This forum is the best tool we Reatta owners have for promoting the Buick Reatta. We should use it to get the word out about what a great car the Buick Reatta is. This forum has been virtually dead lately compared to what it use to be and it's not very friendly when it comes to welcoming new members like it once was. Everyone seems to be playing "the quiet game" and I don't understand why. I believe that as interest in this forum goes down interest in the Buick Reatta will go down with it. If that happens we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Guest Corvanti

nice post, Ronnie!!!:cool:

Keith, there is a difference between a "Collectible" - a Trailer Queen or things usually seen in a Barrett-Jackson auction, etc. than a Classic.

there are others that just love "antique/classic cars" as a hobby to fix up and enjoy. kudos to the ones that can afford the bucks for higher priced cars. more to ones that want to bring a "old car" to fix to their home and preserve a bit of history!:)

Guest my3buicks
nice post, Ronnie!!!:cool:

Keith, there is a difference between a "Collectible" - a Trailer Queen or things usually seen in a Barrett-Jackson auction, etc. than a Classic.

there are others that just love "antique/classic cars" as a hobby to fix up and enjoy. kudos to the ones that can afford the bucks for higher priced cars. more to ones that want to bring a "old car" to fix to their home and preserve a bit of history!:)

Having been in the hobby 35 years I am more than aware of various differences in the hobby. I have had many different levels of cars over the years from nice drivers to national winning show cars. What I don't get is someone having a car and constantly posting negative thoughts on them, perhaps these people need to buy and work on a car they like and have respect for.

• 2 months later...