Which rings do I have?

Guest sjensen49

Guest sjensen49

I have a set of rings that came with a truck load of 55 DeSoto parts I got when I got my Fireflite convertible. They are for a 6 cylinder, full set. The package says they are 3 1/2 inch by 1/8th inch and STD size. I need to k now what they fit. The only engine I have found that is a 6 cyl MOPAR is a 289 cubic inch 1926-27 Chrysler E. Is that what I have? This is a Perfect Circle 2 in 1 Piston Ring Set, complete, in the box. At the end of the box it says "412 STD". Any help would be appreciated. Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Steve if you look in the "speedsters" forum look for super-sized speedster it has a 413 Chrysler industrial 6 cylinder engine. I think the 412 on your box is indicating the Cubic inches. The Chrysler straight 8's are 323.5 CI and sometimes are referred to as either 323CI or 324CI

Guest sjensen49
I have a set of rings that came with a truck load of 55 DeSoto parts I got when I got my Fireflite convertible. They are for a 6 cylinder, full set. The package says they are 3 1/2 inch by 1/8th inch and STD size. I need to k now what they fit. The only engine I have found that is a 6 cyl MOPAR is a 289 cubic inch 1926-27 Chrysler E. Is that what I have? This is a Perfect Circle 2 in 1 Piston Ring Set, complete, in the box. At the end of the box it says "412 STD". Any help would be appreciated. Steve

Thanks for your info. I looked up the 413 engine. It has a bore of 4 1/16inch. These rings are 3 1/2 inch Can't be for that engine. I wonder if they are for one of the smaller industrial engines.

Yea I did the math and a 6 cylinder engine with a bore of 3.5 inches would need a stroke over 7 1/8 inches to have a 412 CI displacement. I have a set of .040" over 3 7/16" pistons for a 265 CI Chrysler which is the largest production 6 that I now of.

Guest Bob Call

Steve, some time back I was looking at a website that listed ring sizes and most popular auto engines they fit. I don't recall if it was part of Sealed Power or another ring maunfacturer website. You might do a little Googling and see what you find. I'm sure that 3 1/2 by 1/8 is a very common size used by lots of engines.