2013 METZ MEET July 13

WCMetz

The latest newsletter from The Waltham Museum, Inc. is out and gives the date of July 13, 2013 for this years Metz Car Gathering. There is a great article about an 1899 Orient Autogo restored by Dennis Carlson. He visited the museum last October with the Autogo and I hope he can return for the July event. I hope we get to seemore cars than ever this year along with other Metz/Waltham machines. Orient Bicycles, Motorcycles (Orient, Metz, Marsh-Metz and their offspring), Orient Automobiles. Please consider bringing whatever Metz/Waltham machine you have to display. Let's make C.H. Metz proud and really show off his stuff! Call the museum to let them know you are coming (781-893-9020). The Waltham Museum webpage: www.walthammuseum.com If you are not a member, please consider joining to help the museum continue to grow.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I can't make it as I will be out of town on a family trip. I'd really like to be there and see a Metz up close and personal. I've stared at pictures and parts for a couple of years now... would be neat to see the actual car assembled. :)

I called the museum today and talked with Al, he said he had a few people that have called and are bringing cars with them. I am not bringing my car this year as I broke a spring (lower front main spring) going home last year. I think I may have over tightened my tie downs and it snapped at a previous repair when the spring flexed going over some real bad bumps in the road. It looked like the repair was quite old and I hadn't noticed it before. I had my son weld it to hold it together for now, but I hope to find one or have one made. Looking forward to seeing as many people there as possible. Come on out to the gathering whether you bring a car or not, but bring a chair so we can sit around and talk about Metz cars. I learn more every time we gather and you can really check out how these cars go together. How about Orient bikes, cars, motorcycles? MM motorcycles? Spare parts? If you are reading this, hope to see you there.