1920' 1930's Front Fender Help??????????

mribbich@wi.rr.com

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2015 at 10:08 AM, mribbich@wi.rr.com said:

Could be a Nash or Hupmobile????

Marv.

Hi Marv.....yes it sure is Nash.   Here is a pic I have of two 32 Nash model 1060 "6 cyl" fronts that a guy just sent me..   The fact of having the teardrop running light, makes it fit the "second series" 32's, not the first 32 model which would be a 900 series model.

But you will need to measure it's lengths to know which 32 Second series it will fit.  Nash made 5 different chassis in 2nd series.  I suspect it is either a 1060 SIX, or the 1070 smallest 8.   The difference is that the hood was longer for the 8, so I think you should measure from the front frame horn tip, back along the shelf that fits on the frame, back to where the cutout is for the side apron.

It will also fit 33, as there was no difference.  But still need to ID the size of the chassis.

By the way, I bought an un-Id'ed 32 Nash taillight from you a few years ago, and just recently found the mate to it for my 32.

IMG_0829.JPG

1 hour ago, mribbich@wi.rr.com said:

F&J Thank You!!!

The length is 48" straight  across, if I measure over the top and follow the fender line it is 49-1/2". Hope that helps.

Marv. 

My 32 2nd Series six is also 49-1/2" following the curve.

Your fender fits the 2nd series 1932 that came out in March 32. That new six has a 4-digit  Model number starting with 106_.  Often referred to in parts books as a TEN-SIXTY.

It will also fit the 1933 Six which have a 4 digit Model number starting with 112_

Your fender will not fit any of the Nash Eights, and it will not fit the First Series 1932 Six which will be a 3 digit Model starting with 96_

The last digit of these Nash Model numbers denotes the actual body style.  When people talk about Nash, they would use the number 960, 1060, or 1070 (smallest 8}, when asking for parts. Hope that is not confusing.

Edited by F&J (see edit history)