Swedish Chrysler

I thought the Chrysler crowd would like this picture of a late 40s Chrysler starting its life in Sweden. Forretning must mean dealer. Posted on HAMB by 731132

[TABLE=class: tborder, width: 100%, align: center]

<tbody>[TR]

[TD=class: alt1]13850.jpg

13851.jpg

<!-- / message -->[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: alt2]user_offline.gif [/TD]

[TD=class: alt1, align: right]<!-- controls -->quote.gif <!-- / controls -->[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

I tried to look up the meaning of Automobilforretning on 3 different translation sites and none of them heard of the word. Also tried forretning and mobelforretning with the same result. Very strange.

Later....

Tried Danish and got "automobile business" for "automobilforretning" and "furniture store" for "mobelforretning". So it appears the pictures are from Denmark.

Edited by Rusty_OToole (see edit history)

If the waterprint in the photos is anything to go by, the car is actually pictured in Norway. More closely in Trondheim, roughly in the middle of the country and known for their high interest in US cars. Norwegian and Danish in writing are very similar (Norwegians used Danish for our official language until 1814) so that's why Rusty had success with trying out Danish translations. APOTEK by the way is Pharmacy.

That I googled Brun & Boije, the dealership in the back, and found the source for the pictures: http://digitaltmuseum.no/search?query=chrysler

There is a very nice 34 Cvt as well to be found and this 40 Dodge outfitted for use during 2WW and the carbon-monoxide (?) replacement for gas used during that period. Most conversions were a lot more clumsy than this nice one with a single-wheel trailer carrying the ancillaries needed.

107204?width=600&height=380

Edited by Narve N (see edit history)