H V12 Engine Mounts - Sticker Shock

I am finally preparing to install the rebuilt V12 in my 41 .

According to last price lists I have from vendors (circa 1995-2000), I could have bought

the three vulcanized engine mounts for $185 exchange.

Today I cannot find anyone lower than $550-600 for these.

And no, Warren Rice is no longer in the vulanizing business.

YIKES!

Mike

Mike, before giving in try the "Damper Doctor" in Redding, California. A couple of years ago he did front mounts for me at $225 each as I remember. He also did a rear mount some time back but I can't remember what it cost. 530-246-2984

I picked up some "front engine mounts" from Don's Antique Auto about 20 years ago but there's no steel - just rubber. All that's left of a bunch of great parts that got tossed by someone along the way. Do these look familiar? Can the rubber be inserted into the steel part of the mounts, or does it have to be vulcanized in?

post-31572-143141851513_thumb.jpg

It a little hard to tell without some weight on them. The thing to avoid is metal to metal contact as this will result in motor vibration on the frame and at the steering wheel. Even the rebuilt ones the 2 metal halves come very close to each other on one end so the rubber really has to be in good shape and still be vulcanized well. You might be able to rig up a test by loading the mounts up with about 300Lbs and see if there's any metal to metal contact?