Chrysler 1931 brake shoe?

Guest GBCHY31

Guest GBCHY31

I went up to Wa. to Hagens (NICE PEOPLE) to get Brake shoes and other stuff...started to assemble and stuck on

which pad goes forward the longer shoe lining pad or the shorter one...

a PICTURE WOULD BE GOOD ALSO:)

Guest GBCHY31

Thanks....one more question....the round hole that the adjusting bolt goes in I noticed that there is

a lip extrudes out but the shoes I got they all looked the same so one extrudes up and one down when

installing the shoes is this correct or did they give me only one side?

Guest GBCHY31

Where the 2 round holes in the shoe that the adjusting bolts fit through...they have a round raised lip

if I take mount both of the shoes one roundraised lip will be faced down and the other will be faced up

Guest GBCHY31

One more question..probibly many more:) did one of the rear brakes come hard plumed, I only saw 3

brake hoses and at HAGENS also calls out just 3 ??

One more question..probibly many more:) did one of the rear brakes come hard plumed, I only saw 3

All four brake assemblies have a brake line going to them. Ask as many questions as you need to ask.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

The rear axle brakes are hard plumbed together, joined by a tee. Therefore one hose goes to the rear brakes and each front brake is fed with an individual hose.

The rear axle brakes are hard plumbed together, joined by a tee. Therefore one hose goes to the rear brakes and each front brake is fed with an individual hose.

Yeah....what he said.

Guest martylum

Hi-I just took a look at my 30 Desoto roadster's rear brake plumbing. The feed line runs down the LH side of the chassis and 1 rubber hose connects to a tee on the rear axle which makes the car a 3 hose system.

Martin Lum

1930 Desoto CK roadster

Guest GBCHY31

Thanks......and any other pictures of the assembly would be great.. also when I was rebuilding my brake cylinders 3 were of a larger size diameter and one was 1 1/4

diameter..is this right or was it replaced earliy on...should I get another one that is same diameter?

thx

Gary

Thanks......and any other pictures of the assembly would be great.. also when I was rebuilding my brake cylinders 3 were of a larger size diameter and one was 1 1/4

diameter..is this right or was it replaced earliy on...should I get another one that is same diameter?

thx

Gary

They would have all been the same diameter and I would get a matching cylinder.

thx

Gary

Do us and yourself favor and identify the model you are trying to work on. CM CD CD* CG ?

The most common, the six cylinder CM, may take the same wheel cylinders but the other models differ front to rear.