Miracles Do Happen

Earl B.

I had wanted a car that I could get out and go in. I had the bright to get one of the cars like my father had. I posted some pictures of them, with me as a child and found out the years they were. I knew they were Buicks. The only one I really remembered turned out to be a 1955 Super. I remembered it was blue and white. So, the search was on, but I really preferred a Roadmaster, but, in a pinch, a Super would do. I've looked and looked as well as many of the posters here. I thank everyone for their help, but, the search is over.

I'm the proud owner of a 1955 Buick Roadmaster. I found it in NC, and it was supposedly originally sold in Charlotte. I'm the fourth owner. The paint code is BPP-1. I'm just going to drive it and enjoy it, do little to it right now, and get some other cars finished, then, I'll tackle the Roadmaster. It shows 24,000, and I wonder if that is correct. I'll post some pictures now, and when I get it home, I'll post whatever anyone requests. B

post-48053-14314184417_thumb.jpg

post-48053-143141844186_thumb.jpg

Let me be the first to congratulate you "B". This may sound beyond belief but right after my last smart *** post I checked Craigs List and found this. http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/3721680142.html

No mention whatsoever that it is a Roadmaster but the chrome seat surrounds said it fully. I came back here to post it to the old thread and found this. Congrats Earl, it would not surprise me if it is indeed an original 25K mile car. The paint and the front bumpers look to be original. If so then sir you stoled this car. I am not sure why they even said "needs restoring".

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Actually I need to retract my above statement re the paint looking original... in your other thread you were asking about the paint code BPP -1. If it were BPP then the bottom underneath the sweepspears should be Cadet Blue also. But who knows, perhaps the original owner had the dealer repaint it. It is a drop dead beautiful car PERIOD. My absolute favorites of the mid fifties are the Roadmaster Rivieras. And now you got you one. Can't wait to see it. Can't believe this car was so close to Bob and he had not gotten a whiff of it.

I had wanted a car that I could get out and go in. I had the bright to get one of the cars like my father had. I posted some pictures of them, with me as a child and found out the years they were. I knew they were Buicks. The only one I really remembered turned out to be a 1955 Super. I remembered it was blue and white. So, the search was on, but I really preferred a Roadmaster, but, in a pinch, a Super would do. I've looked and looked as well as many of the posters here. I thank everyone for their help, but, the search is over.

I'm the proud owner of a 1955 Buick Roadmaster. I found it in NC, and it was supposedly originally sold in Charlotte. I'm the fourth owner. The paint code is BPP-1. I'm just going to drive it and enjoy it, do little to it right now, and get some other cars finished, then, I'll tackle the Roadmaster. It shows 24,000, and I wonder if that is correct. I'll post some pictures now, and when I get it home, I'll post whatever anyone requests. B

Move over Packard and Studebaker!! Will be looking for them in For Sale Forum!!:)

Ben

I lied, I can't shadup when someone has a new baby like this...

494 = Blue and Silver Nylon with Beiger Cordaveen. Looks correct to me. But then I'm just a 54 guy...

3E33L13F25Ed5Kb5Fbd432cd6fd48583b16c4.jpg

This isn't the correct seat style for a 55, it should have inserts in the middle. Looks great though.

I dont think this is Cadet blue, as it should be, I really think this is turquoise.

Just a great buy though!!

Guest Rob McDonald

'B' WITH A GREAT BIG GRIN, oh happy day! Your patience and the power of positive thinking landed you the car of your dreams. If there is a Mrs. 'B', I'm sure you're hearing all about how you've already got a garage full of projects and when do you ever expect to get around to fixing this one and yadda, yadda, yadda. Tune it out, you're in your happy place, that phase of a budding relationship when everything is new and special. Enjoy the moment. And the car.

This isn't the correct seat style for a 55, it should have inserts in the middle. Looks great though.

I dont think this is Cadet blue, as it should be, I really think this is turquoise.

Eric is correct on all accounts.

Especially this part!!!

After following your original search thread, this is an excellent example of where patience and persistence has paid off......as it usually does.

Congratulations and look forward to updates as you inspect the car with a fine tooth comb.

I went to get the car today. I left about 8:30 am and got home about 9:15pm. Such a long day. Going up with the empty trailor beat me to death with that thing bouncing. Coming home was good most of the way. It started to violently fishtail, and scared me to the point of nearly messed my pants. I had a borrowed truck from one friend and a borrowed trailer from another. I could envision the whole thing turning over.... Man OH Man, what a scare!!!!!! From then on, I kept it at 45-50 out of fear. At one stop, to check things over, a strap had come loose.. but not the cause of the problems, because when I got the truck stopped, I checked the straps and all were tight. Somewhere along the line, it's shifted on the trailer, so it'll be a bit of a problem getting it off. Thankfully I have friends with machinery, hoists and such. It sure pays to have friends with lots of big toys, as well as good Buick friends online..... Thank you all for your kind comments, and you may well know, I'll be having lots of questions coming as I work on the car.... B

Edited by Earl B. (see edit history)

Glad to hear that you got it home. A fish tailing trailer means that you do not have enough weight on the tongue. Too heavy loaded toward the rear and it will fish tail. Only an old farmboy with honey wagon experiance could tell you this. ;) Dandy Dave!

Dave, the odd thing was, I'd been pulling it for about 3 hours or more and not one problem. I gott of of one road, and onto another, and at a slower speed, suddenly, it started up! The car was as far forward as I could get it, tied down on front and on the sides. Still a tongue weight problem? B

Dave, the odd thing was, I'd been pulling it for about 3 hours or more and not one problem. I gott of of one road, and onto another, and at a slower speed, suddenly, it started up! The car was as far forward as I could get it, tied down on front and on the sides. Still a tongue weight problem? B

Glad you made it back safely though may have needed an underwear change. An empty trailer shouldn't beat you up at all and definitely shouldn't be bouncing. That leads me to believe there could be a problem with the trailer. Post a pic of the towing combination if you can.

Glad you made it back safely though may have needed an underwear change. An empty trailer shouldn't beat you up at all and definitely shouldn't be bouncing. That leads me to believe there could be a problem with the trailer. Post a pic of the towing combination if you can.

I agree, Something is not right... Dandy Dave!

Here are the pictures of the truck and trailer I used... and my friend with machinery moving the Buick over on the trailer... The angle of the ramps would not let the car come off of the trailer, he also used the fork lift to lift the trailer to change the angle and the car came off just fine!!!

post-48053-14314185597_thumb.jpg

post-48053-143141855979_thumb.jpg

post-48053-143141855987_thumb.jpg

post-48053-143141855997_thumb.jpg

post-48053-14314185601_thumb.jpg

post-48053-143141856024_thumb.jpg

post-48053-143141856036_thumb.jpg

For those of you who like the old Andy Grifith show, you know he's always going over to Mount Pilot.. well, here's the real Pilot Mountain. It was a foggy morining when I was going to get the car, but you can still see it's one huge thing..

post-48053-143141856052_thumb.jpg

post-48053-143141856067_thumb.jpg

The car is hanging off of the back quite a bit. The trailer is a little short for the car, and it looks like you could have used just a little more tounge weight. It looks fairly level otherwise and should have towed fine. At least you have it home. Given the problems, I would not use that trailer to move it again. Ben is also correct about the tounge if it were too high, but I do not see it in your photos. There is a 1955 2 door Roadmaster in a junkyard not far from me. Only problem is you would have to buy the whole car plus another 55 Special to get that piece of moulding. The car is ruff, but complete. Dandy Dave!