1932 Chrysler CP Eight Right Hand Drive Automatic Clutch System Layout.

Guest Fergus

Guest Fergus

Hi all,

I am looking for photos, drawings, descriptions etc. of the layout of the automatic clutch system for my right hand drive 1932 Chrysler CP Eight sedan. What I do already know is that the vacuum chamber is mounted on the left hand side of the engine in right hand drive cars with the control valve still in the same place on the inlet manifold. I know what the connections between the control valve, vacuum chamber and throttle look like in left hand drive cars but I have no idea for right hand drive ones. Details from right hand drive Imperials, Sixes, Dodges and Plymouths of the era may also be similar and therefore, of much use to me.

Thank you and I look forward to your response.

Regards

Fergus

Guest martylum

Fergus-just took a look at my 33 Chrysler CQ with LH drive and see that the vacuum motor powering the clutch on a RH drive car must be on the LH side as there's no room for it on the clutch pedal side. I'm not sure the bracketing for the motor could be mounted on the LH side side without modifications but the shaft could probably be reversed without much trouble.

If studying the bracketing for the vac. motor on the LH drive car would help I can e-mail a photo. If you have the motor bracketing then seeing the setup for a LH drive car might help.

Somehow the CQ does manage to put the power brake motor on the pedal side down below the pedal.

Martin Lum

33 Chrysler CQ 8

Guest Fergus

Hi Martin,

Thank you very much for your reply and offer of photos.

There is a mounting point that appears to be part of the engine block on the rear left hand side of the engine and it's a mirror image of the one used by left hand drive vehicles on the opposite side. I don't know if the parts are much different in your car to the '32s but your photos of them would be much appreciated. My email address is: fergus.chance@gmail.com

Many thanks.

Regards

Fergus

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Martin,

Thank you very much for your reply and offer of photos.

There is a mounting point that appears to be part of the engine block on the rear left hand side of the engine and it's a mirror image of the one used by left hand drive vehicles on the opposite side. I don't know if the parts are much different in your car to the '32s but your photos of them would be much appreciated. My email address is: fergus.chance@gmail.com

Many thanks.

Regards

Fergus

I have a picture of the pin that hold the auto-clutchin place ,on 33 and 34 dodge motors if that will help? these pins unscrew from engine and can be mounted to other engines, let me know and if you need the pin let me know that also I have one .....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fergus

Hi Knobless,

Thank you for your reply and a photo of that pin would be much appreciated.

Regards

Fergus

Hi Knobless,

Thank you for your reply and a photo of that pin would be much appreciated.

Regards

Fergus

Here is the pin that screws into engine block, I just sold it to another looking for clutch parts, this is what the auto clutch is attached to.

post-70464-143141900533_thumb.jpg

Guest Fergus

Hi Knobless,

Thank you for your swift reply and photo. This part is still fitted to my engine block (LHS) as per the photo attached. If you come across any of the other parts for the auto clutch system please let me know?

Regards

Fergus

post-64064-143141900539_thumb.jpg

Hi Knobless,

Thank you for your swift reply and photo. This part is still fitted to my engine block (LHS) as per the photo attached. If you come across any of the other parts for the auto clutch system please let me know?

Regards

Fergus

[ATTACH=CONFIG]193281[/ATTACH]

ok I will, just sold the linkage to the clutch pedal too, had them hanging around for some time, but I'll search around ....."stay busy"