Those Little Town Squares

60FlatTop

Scott Heise from the Finger Lakes Chapter got coaxed out to his hometown of Holley, New York and gave the old town square a little class with the Centurion he bought in 1975; only 2 years old. What a buy!

post-46237-143141839203_thumb.jpg

I had some fun doing levitation tricks:

post-46237-143141839206_thumb.jpg Bernie

post-46237-143141839198_thumb.jpg

I had the battery charger sitting on the right shock tower and just kind of rested the hood back on it. Another 30 degrees gets the rear of the hood in its guides and it does a pivoting roll back to the windshield. Then push down to latch the front.

I figure quality control was so bad in the '80's that that put the hood seams down on the side so you eye wouldn't follow the line. When the seam is between the hood and fender on top its easy to see a wandering gap.

I'm pretty sure the idea could be traced back to Harley Earl. He was a master of optical illusion with die-cast. I imagine he would have done it with a big piece of tin if he had the draw on the die's.

Maybe I could get a vanity plate in honor of the tricky hood:

post-46237-143141842297_thumb.png

car25.jpg

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)

Car Craft company in Lima, Ohio made them. I think there were close ties with Hess & Eisenhardt and they may have ended up with H&E's conversion when H&E started focusing on armored cars. I had a 1982 H&E Eldorado conversion and there are a lot of similarities. The Park Ave has some finer details, though, and I like the conversion better for the small touches.

Here is the ID:

car22.bmp

This is the H&E Eldorado I had:

a0008.JPG

b0003.JPG

b0007.JPG

The red PA in Canada was purchased by the Ontario couple used in Florida. The pictures are a couple of years old and it may still be sitting there with window problems. I know things move slow in metric.

My car is being driven at least three times a week now that the weather is decent. I have four NOS wheels I bought for it and new tires are on the way.

post-46237-143141843227_thumb.jpg

It turned 51,300 miles on the way home from having coffee at the diner yesterday. I'm looking forward to wearing out the tires. I'd hate to see them dry rot.

Bernie