Pennsylvania DMV reissued VIN plate identification

Is anyone able to identify this plaque (lower in pic) as something that could have been issued by the Pennsylvania DMV as part of their procedure for reissuing a VIN? Alternatively, is anyone able to identify it as nothing that would have been in the Penna DMV inventory? I need some sort of confirmation to judge whether to complain formally to the Norwegian DMV about their refusal to accept it as proof.

post-59101-143141833434_thumb.jpg

Is anyone able to identify this plaque (lower in pic)

Clearly, it is a reproduction of a 1931 and later era Chrysler Product Serial number tag that has been stamped with a Pennsylvania DMV ID and pop riveted to the car in question. This tag is normally placed on the RH door hinge pillar.

Edited by dep5 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Is anyone able to identify this plaque (lower in pic) as something that could have been issued by the Pennsylvania DMV as part of their procedure for reissuing a VIN? Alternatively, is anyone able to identify it as nothing that would have been in the Penna DMV inventory? I need some sort of confirmation to judge whether to complain formally to the Norwegian DMV about their refusal to accept it as proof.
There is a tag exactly like that on one of my 37 Desotos. I got that car out of Kansas and the same number was on the Kansas title. The tag on the Desoto looks like it came on the car as it has the patina of the rest of the car. Edited by JACK M (see edit history)

dep5 got it right I believe. I knew I had seen that type of plate before, and of course it is a replica 30 and newer Mopar VIN-plate. So much for the plate which is very different from the current type that vwlfan provided an example of.

Anyone believe that the number issued ("SF4997PA") is likely as a PN reissued VIN?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
On 6/18/2018 at 1:06 AM, Donna1512 said:

Did anyone ever find out about this vin?

i also have a vin SE6001PA and can’t find out anything about it either

Nope. PN DMV doesn't want to communicate. I even had Marty Lum seek them out to no avail. Luckily the Norwegian DMV finally agreed that the number given could be legit, and issued a Norwegian registration based on the VIN.

• Like 1