Identify these grill shells

addicted to cars

I went and looked at them, They look like a Marmon. It appears to be almost a conplete car but is in very bad condition. Do the grill shells have any value?attachment.php?attachmentid=186549&d=1365268804&thumb=1&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=186550&d=1365268817&thumb=1&stc=1

Looks like most of the stuff in the shed is a Model A Ford, not Marmon.

Surprising someone would end up with 4 of them all in similar shape but no other real parts of the same car. I did see a hubcap in the box on the ground that wasn't A. So where is the rest of atleast one if not all of the Marmons?

Looks like only two Marmon shells, to me. I have seen a hubcap like that one....just cannot place what I saw it on. I don't think it's Marmon.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

There are two sheds with parts, the model a stuff you see in the pictures is a roadster pickup. The Marmon has most of the body (a four door sedan) is there including the fenders, front and rear ends two frames and wheels. No engine that I could see. But like I said, it is in VERY BAD condition. I am pretty sure it could not be restored. But probably alot of good parts or maybe a speedster project.

Edited by addicted to cars (see edit history)

Roosevelts shared some sheetmetal with model 68s which was only slightly larger. It may be difficult to differentiate without knowing the measurements. What leads you to believe that the shells go with some of the car parts. Are there any other parts you could show us? Can you tell what the wheelbase of the car is?

The car is very large, It has only one vent in the top of the cowl. All the Roosevelts I have looked at online appear to have two cowl vents in the top. I think it may be then larger model 68. Here is a link to a Roosevelt. It has a different grill shell. Marmon Roosevelt - 1929

1930 is different.

I did not get any other pictures or measurements of the car/cars. there is a mix of parts from other cars in the mess. I dont believe it is a Roosevelt because the cowl is different all the pictures I have seen of them. The frames are also very long. They are sitting next to a model A Ford frame and are two feet longer than it. And the grill shells I have seen as i posted in the link above are not the same. The grill shells have an oval area on them where the Marmon emblem goes. The Roosevelts I have noticed have a round Teddy Roosevelt emblem and are very different on the top. Maybe I am wrong. Just an observance. Here is the Roosevelt grill I am seeing in the net.

post-56479-143141839461_thumb.jpg

post-56479-143141839463_thumb.jpg

post-56479-143141839467_thumb.jpg

If you look at the photo I posted above and click on it, you will see that it says, "Roosevelt" under the "Marmon" name. There is an oval flat area under the hexagon-shaped emblem. THAT is for the 1930, I believe. Like this one....

post-37352-14314183947_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Thanks Keiser. I see what you are saying. Now look at the bottom of the radiator shell in your picture. Notice the large round piece where the crank hole is. The grill shells I took pictures of do not look like this making me believe that they do not belong to a Roosevelt. Here is another picture of possibly the same cat at a different angle. post-56479-143141839493_thumb.jpg

post-56479-143141839479_thumb.jpg

post-56479-143141839492_thumb.jpg

Edited by addicted to cars (see edit history)

Also they did not put the lightening bolt on before the fall of 1929 so it should be later than that.

I beg to differ. The lightning flash goes all the way back to 1927, introduced on the Marmon "Little" model. The Model L was designed to be a high-production compact car. The lightning flash signified the spirited perfomrance that was available on the extremely light and powerful car. It was capable of attaining speeds of more than 70mph.

Edited by West Peterson (see edit history)