industrial straight 8 for New Yorker?

I'm thinking of buying a '46 New Yorker that lacks an engine and a transmission. Another person in that same town has an industrial straight 8 of the same era for sale that he says has been rebuilt. He indicated that it has a different kind of bellhousing. Could that engine be mated to a standard fluid drive transmission of that time period to go in the New Yorker? I'm sorry but I don't have any pictures or engine codes at this time, and probably won't have that info until I am there and will have to make a decision on the spot as it is very far away.

You need to be careful with theIndustrial Chrysler engines. The manifolds could be different as could the water pump and 8 bolt crankshaft stickout. I'll post some pictures this weekend of what the 1949-50 Chrysler engine should look like. I have gotten into trouble more than once on Chrysler Industrial engines. I'm pretty sure it will not be a direct bolt in.

Bob

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Clinton

Not sure if this helps 1941 Chrysler New yorker Straight 8, Located in Buck county, Pa Where can i check Motor # 267-232-7550

• 2 weeks later...

Hello out there, I had contacted Clinton about the 41 New Yorker he has, but his car is a 40 Chrysler 4 door Windsor or Royal. If anyone is interested this can be saved from the scrap yard. I just don't need a 6 cylinder parts car right now.

There are some photos on his profile page, parts cars are good to have.

The car is located in south east PA