Newby needs help 31 Chrysler CM6

Guest GBCHY31

Guest GBCHY31

Hello all,

I just aquired a 31 Chrysler CM6 and wanted some advice on how to proceed with assembly..it's all there but need pictures

and help on assembly direction...chassis is off frame along with front spindles...rear end is attached along with 3 speed trans, but

all else is disassembled.

any help or thoughts would be great

thx

Gary

Guest GBCHY31
Where are you located? I can help if you are close. John

John,

I'm in Beaverton , Oregon......they have a big SWAP meet here in Portland and I will be there

looking for a few items(Headlamps, Hubcaps,Wire Diagram) but also as I stated need some

advice on getting things assembled...

--GARY

Yep.....I am missing the Portland Swap Meet this year.....unfortunately. Don't really need more parts for my '31s, but I do love a good swap meet. You are not that far away...about 5-6 hours. Maybe I can arrange to come up and look the car over and help you out a bit. There are also quite a few early MoPar guys near you. What body style is your car?

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

I don't mind getting wet, but I just cringe when I get there to the swap meet and everything is under blue tarps and nobody minding the spaces because of the rain.

Guest GBCHY31
I don't mind getting wet, but I just cringe when I get there to the swap meet and everything is under blue tarps and nobody minding the spaces because of the rain.
John,

I went to the Swap meet and striked out on finding some parts for the 31 ...digging into it more found that my serial number is missing but might be in some

box...but my frame numbe stamed is CM33747 can you tell me what does this mean?

thx

Gary

Guest art s

Gary, my wife and I are on the Portland Swap Meet Committee and just finished 5 days of working it. There is a very nicely restored black CM6 roadster in the Salem area. You did not say if your car is a roadster or a cabriolet. If it is a roadster send me a PM and I will give you the info to track down a phone number. We have a 28 model 72 coupe and the running gear is very similar, do you have any spare parts?

John,

I went to the Swap meet and striked out on finding some parts for the 31 ...digging into it more found that my serial number is missing but might be in some

box...but my frame numbe stamed is CM33747 can you tell me what does this mean?

thx

Gary

It verifies your car as a 1931 CM and then the sequential car number.

my frame number stamed is CM33747 can you tell me what does this mean?

The prefix confirms the model as a CM, number in its entirety is your engine/motor number, you will find it stamped on the left side of the block. The serial number was not stamped into the frame.

The prefix confirms the model as a CM, number in its entirety is your engine/motor number, you will find it stamped on the left side of the block. The serial number was not stamped into the frame.

This is correct. Sorry about my post being incorrect.