40 ford woody seat questions

Guest woodeneye

Guest woodeneye

Would like someone with an original or restored 40 woody to clear up some questions I have about seat legs for the second and third seats in my 40. The legs have 01A part numbers on them and the second or short seat has a factory metal tag on the springs, 01A also, so I believe they are 1940 parts. I assume the middle seat would use the short legs and the rear seat would use the longer. I'm guessing the rear seat would sit a bit higher than the second seat, as I said, i' guessing. If any one knows for sure I would greatly appreciate the insight. Jeff Yeagle sent me a snapshot of the front of the second seat, but it's lost in my computer someplace. Thanks Jeff. Also looking for metal tube armrest for the short middle seat and a spare tire mount for the same 1940 Ford Wagon.

Would like someone with an original or restored 40 woody to clear up some questions I have about seat legs for the second and third seats in my 40. The legs have 01A part numbers on them and the second or short seat has a factory metal tag on the springs, 01A also, so I believe they are 1940 parts. I assume the middle seat would use the short legs and the rear seat would use the longer. I'm guessing the rear seat would sit a bit higher than the second seat, as I said, i' guessing. If any one knows for sure I would greatly appreciate the insight. Jeff Yeagle sent me a snapshot of the front of the second seat, but it's lost in my computer someplace. Thanks Jeff. Also looking for metal tube armrest for the short middle seat and a spare tire mount for the same 1940 Ford Wagon.

post-88268-143141819638_thumb.jpg

heres the pic of the second seat foot.. note that the 2nd seat is wood construction.. which I think is unique for 39 and 40??? (do 38's have a bench seat or buckets in the second position?)

this shows my very scientific method of field measurement.

post-88268-143141819642_thumb.jpg

I cant help with the rear seat handle.. but this is a photo of my tire bracket...

other than the O1a part number it looks like most others..

post-88268-143141819644_thumb.jpg

Guest woodeneye

Thanks again Jeff, no third seat for you yet? I'll take the spare tire mount, and let you double what you paid.