What is it no.6

Leif Holmberg

• 2 weeks later...

Leif and anybody - The uniqueness of this roadster has me stumped. I'm not too proud to ask the experienced folks that read this site for help. The 2 piece, V shaped, center seamed windscreen, the straight front fenders/curved rear fenders, the medallion above the louvers, and the quaint, furled top with snaps over the rear storage area. Any clue to manufacturer, year and model would be helpful as i am truely stumped at this point. Its such a beautiful car, beautiful gal and a great location! Thanks to all,

Chuck

Chuck,I`m quite sure this is an Europeen car with those iron wheel and a top that looks ghastly in that possition,the vertikal divided window seems Europeen as well.

Some times it takes a little bit longer than we expecting.

Leif in Sweden.

• 10 months later...

We are still wondering about this Roadster car,I suggested that it was a Steiger 1910-1915 just becuse of the different top radiator schrud?.But our "admin" tells that Steiger cars (Swiss made)all had wire wheels and was bigger than this one.He think it can be a Ley car U-type (maybe.Germany made I think).

Leif in Sweden.

post-31268-143142404181_thumb.jpg

Hi Leif, I agree that this is probably not a Steiger; too many things against it. Even their smaller cars were 'bigger' and sportier. However, comparing it to a 1920/22 Ley Type T6 6'16 Dreisitzer Offen, ..... and most things match. Double badges on the spitzkuhler rad match, mudguards square front and rounded back match, louvers and catch match, veed windscreen, third seat out in the cold etc. Only thing is my picture of the Dreisitzer has 10 spoke wheels, whereas yours has 12. I note however that other Ley cars and later they had 12. The 'U' Type Leys had correct number of spokes but were bit bigger, and I cannot match the body style. So, ... my money is on it being the later cca 1922 Ley Type T6 6'16 Dreisitzer Offen. Regards Vintman