Value of this 1950 Chrysler Town and Country Woodie

Guest UniqueCollector

Guest UniqueCollector

I am looking at this woodie that needs full restoration but the guy is asking $4000 OBO.

What would be the true value of it in the state?

I don't plan on restoring it and selling it. I plan on keeping such an interesting car.

ImageShack Album - 55 images

The Image are in the link.

Having just finished the cosmetic restoration of a 1949 T&C, and looked over these photos, my opinion is that $4000 is far too much for this car. Every single part and every square inch of this thing needs to be replaced or restored. It needs absolutely everything, and being partly disassembled makes it worth even less, because you can't see how it went together and you don't know if all of the parts are there or if they have been catalogued correctly. The leather upholstery costs a small fortune to do right, and everything is covered by the leather including the windlace, the interior door panels, trunk lining, etc. This car appears to need all of its wood redone and the wood that is there is in many cases not even good for patterns, which means you are nearly starting from scratch. If this car is brought back, it will be a very, very, expensive restoration, probably costing more than a restored one is worth, and yes I know what a restored one is worth.

Pete Phillips

Sherman, Texas

Guest UniqueCollector

The guy has the front all back together since he is moving to Missouri but yea the interior probably would cost quite a bit. What is on worth full restored anyways?

Guest UniqueCollector

So pretty much the car isn't worth anything but someone's custom project or even maybe a parts car?I am glad I ask for advice before I buy it and make a mistake.

Everyone on here is more helpful then any other forums.

Don't say it isn't worth anything.

It can be restored, with much effort, time and money.

It would not be worth as much as the cost to restore it.

But if it would be a labor of love - then the cost-to-value ratio shouldn't mean much.

Guest UniqueCollector

That is so true.

I am someone who would rather put the love into the car not for selling but to enjoy the beauty.

The car is still on the list but I still want to know more and advice before I do think of picking it up

• 1 year later...