Reatta Farm in AZ

Sheba65

You need to call Roger and get the address. It is unlikely he will allow you to remove parts and he is very busy with his recycling business and may not have time to remove parts.

Thanks Barney, I was misled as I thought his Reatta Parts business was bigger. I don't care to pick but would buy some specfic things I wanted and pick them up. I am going to be in the PHX area about a week. I will try to call again.

Thanks Barney, I was misled as I thought his Reatta Parts business was bigger. I don't care to pick but would buy some specfic things I wanted and pick them up. I am going to be in the PHX area about a week. I will try to call again.
I don't mean to try to steer you in another direction but... wouldn't you be better off to use one of the used parts vendors that frequent this forum than someone who won't answer their phone or emails? There are a lot of good folks here that can supply you with almost any part you need at a reasonable price.

Here is a vendor list I complied. Reatta Parts Vendors - Reatta Owners Journal. There are others in the Reatta Resources sticky at the top of the forum.

• 1 year later...

The Reattas in Tucson are on the end of E Illinois .... next to the AFB property. Most of the cars and parts came from Speedway in Phoenix and he may have a few parts remaining, Speedway is at 2300 W Broadway.

Thank you. I have been to Speedway in PHX only once. They had only Buick stuff. I was into 1964-72 Skylarks and GSs at the time, as well as 63-73 Rivieras. All I can say about them is they were VERY expensive. Hopefully the Reatta Farm in Tucson will not be as expensive for parts.

I have been down E Illinois a few times, but never looking for Reatta parts. I just have not noticed them. I am looking into buying my first Reatta hopefully in the next month or so.

So far I have owned 68 cars in my life. (my late father has owned more) I never owned a car newer than 1972 until 2006 when I bought my first 1999 Olds Aurora. I currently own a 1994 Buick Roadmaster Limited, and a 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham. The Cadillac Allante and Buick Reatta have been floating around in the back of my mind for years now. I am definitely more interested in the Reatta than the Allante. I am doing all the research I can to understand the weak points, the parts and repair issues of the Reatta.

I wonder if it is possible to install a AC/Delco GM 12 CD changer in one? I suppose it would be easier with a 1990-91, but is it even possible with a 1988-89 while keeping the CRT? I am partial to the 1991, but my first will be whatever I can get easily and cheaply. It takes some experimenting for me to end up with my final version of a car I like. (example, had 6 64-65 Skylarks and 6 56-57 T-Birds, and 4 99 Aurora Autobahns).

I used to do complete body off frame restorations on my cars, but when going to sell them, I would get about 60-70% return, so I am not going to do this anymore. The last car I made a profit on was my last 1956 T-Bird back in the 80s.

Have any of you seen Desert Car Kings on the Velocity channel? They have a salvage yard in Maricopa, AZ, N PHX, AZ and in Black Canyon City, AZ. I used to frequent those places a LOT when I was into restoring 60s and early 70s cars. Their restorations are typical for a salvage yard, on the 1-6 scale, 1 being show, 2 being either excellently maintained original or nice driver restorations, they end up being around a 3, sometimes a 4 once you get it home and look really closely. That makes sense if you consider that they would make a LOT more money selling the parts of the cars they choose to restore. That is pretty much how salvage yards in AZ price the cars that run, they add up what they would make in parts and put that price on the windshield! One thing though, you at least get a rust free body.

Edited by SKATTERBRANE (see edit history)

Guest Mc_Reatta

Have any of you seen Desert Car Kings on the Velocity channel? That makes sense if you consider that they would make a LOT more money selling the parts of the cars they choose to restore. That is pretty much how salvage yards in AZ price the cars that run, they add up what they would make in parts and put that price on the windshield! body.

What do they add in for the rattlesnakes hiding under the seats? Need hazardous duty pay to work in their yard! :rolleyes:

I have encountered plenty of rattle snakes in the Maricopa yard. One time when my daughter was around 10, she witnessed one attack a rabbit, she instinctively went to "save" the rabbit, but luckily I was close enough to her to stop her. Then I explained to her snakes, owls and coyotes are needed to keep the rodent (rabbit) population in check. She cried for a bit and then we continued to look for Buick parts.

• 1 year later...
Guest Kingsley
On 1/26/2015 at 4:23 PM, SKATTERBRANE said:

I have encountered plenty of rattle snakes in the Maricopa yard. One time when my daughter was around 10, she witnessed one attack a rabbit, she instinctively went to "save" the rabbit, but luckily I was close enough to her to stop her. Then I explained to her snakes, owls and coyotes are needed to keep the rodent (rabbit) population in check. She cried for a bit and then we continued to look for Buick parts.

A good of time has passed since quote above and I just happened to run across it.

Please do not make the mistake of confusing the "Maricopa yard" with the yard of Roger McCrone  in Tucson, AZ.

Kingsley

Reatta Specialty Parts 

Kingsley