Chrysler 1929 Roadster

Guest fcaffa

Guest fcaffa

Hello, someone can help me to find a table with the original colors of a 1929 Chrysler roadster and color combinations between body and fenders?

post-91742-143141778215_thumb.jpg

Edited by fcaffa (see edit history)

Second Keiser here, it must be a Series 65.

Francisco you have a good looking car in a nice color combination. May I recommend you start looking for some larger bowl-shaped headlights as those on the car sticks out like sore thumbs? The originals are not expensive if you can find them. here are photos of 3 more, one Maroon advertised in Argentina back in 06, a Grey/Green German registration and the one that I have been fiddling with since 1979....

post-59101-143141788553_thumb.jpg

post-59101-143141788575_thumb.jpg

post-59101-143141788576_thumb.jpg

Edited by Narve N (see edit history)

Guest fcaffa

Thank you very much for your opinion, I'll try to get new headlights. Sorry but I can not open the attachment. Regards

Guest fcaffa

None of those are the correct items for your car.

I would reckon that $300 should more than enough to obtain a pair of decent although not concourse headlights of the correct type. They proper ones were made by C.M.Hall of the Depressed Beam design, and in my scrapbook I found the following note: Depressed Beam Headlight Lens w/opening 831/32”, total glass diameter 9 5/8” or 9 39/64”

Guest fcaffa

Hello, someone can help me to find a table with the original colors of a 1929 Chrysler roadster and color combinations between body and fenders?

Could someone explain me please the difference between a Chrysler 65 and a 66 (1929). Thanks

There are two major differences that pop into my mind. 1-the 65 was the model for 1929 and had 65 horsepower. 2-the 66 was a 1930 and had 75 horsepower, I believe. There were other differences. Both were the lower end models in the lineup of Chryslers.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Guest fcaffa

post-91742-143141800704_thumb.jpg

[PHP][/PHP]

Here you go......this may explain it.

Does your car have a spare tire on both fenders?

Yes It has two tires one at each side!

post-91742-143141800684_thumb.jpg

There is very little to the evidence of being any difference visually between a Ser65 and a Ser 66, beisdes the obvious "66" text on the headlight bar for the latter. Apparently 66 would have a 3-spoke steering wheel while the 65 was 4-spoke, and a few early 66 did have pennon-style hood louvers and some late cars had the larger engine out of a Ser70. And since headlites have been a theme on this thread, they are same size although different but very few people could tell (I have both varieties). Twin sidemounts was optional on both 65 and 66.

is that headlight bar correct?

The recent WPC issue has a great list of 1929 paint.

Can you send a detailed photo of the valve stem on the rim?

TIA, Tom

The headlight bar looks correct for the '65'. The '75' has a completely different headlight bar......like this.....

post-37352-143141803225_thumb.jpg

Guest fcaffa

I attached some pictures of the wheels, as you asked me, I hope to serve.

Could you please help me to determine the characteristics of the engine and the car?

ENGINE MOTOR NUMBER: P192675A

SERIAL NUMBER: RPA290189

post-91742-143141806032_thumb.jpg

post-91742-143141806019_thumb.jpg

post-91742-143141806023_thumb.jpg

Francisco,

the engine number you provided (P) is unique to a Series 65, whilst your serial-number does not say me anything. Several other features do however also indicate that your car is indeed a Series 65, fender-mounted spare wheels was an option for both the Ser 65 and 66. No need to worry what car you have, however does it run?

post-59101-143141811981_thumb.jpg

Here is one of my three Series 65s (have been collecting these cars since 1977) which should be identical to your car for most of its features including wheels and front bumper (both 1 of 3 optional).

Guest fcaffa

Totally agree with the: only really important is it the car runs and does it well.

I bought it recently and I have no experience in Chryslers. I think we should make some changes to bring it in conditions similar to those of manufactures.

From what I've seen I think you should at least change the color of the fenders and trim. From what I've seen pictures of other 65 gives me the impression that the headlights are not the original model.

Did you see the car pictures? What do you think?

From already thank you very much for your help! ... and so sorry for my English!!

• 6 years later...