Goldenrod Garage - 1940 1941 Zephyr Limo

40ZephSedan

There is a nice original 1940 Zephyr Limo for sale on the Goldenrod Garage website. It has not been chopped like some of the others there and is a rare car, looks very solid. But it is listed as a 1941 limo. Has a 40 sedan sized body, 40 grill, 40 tail lights, 40 dash & steering wheel, and no 1941 front fender turnsignal lights, and not the long body with the hump trunk like the 41 limo has, but they list it as a 41. Maybe it came off the production line in 1940, and by the time the customizing shop got done converting it to a limo, it was titled as 1941.

Wonder if we could use one of the Goldenrod Garage exterior photos to update the LZOC.org web page PHOTOS tab! The photos chart lists No Photo Avail. for the 1940 Limo square in the photos grid. The 1941 limo has a photo, but not the 1940.

I saw that a few months ago when Golderod Garage put it on their website. I thought it was unique. I am not a masses follower who looks for Tri Five Chevies or muscle cars. I thought it was fairly offered at $19,900, which implies some wiggle room down to maybe $16,000? What a piece of history. I am no Lincoln expert like you guys. If this is based off a Zephyr, was there a senior Lincoln 7 passenger in 1940-41 or were ALL 7 passengers based off the Zephyr?

Does anyone know what the production might have been for this car? Less then 100? Anybody going to buy it?